HDMI Output No Signal

Suhel

Jan 25, 2013
Hi All

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I purchased the Samsung HDMI adapter so that I can connect the tablet to my Samsung Plasma TV to watch movies. When I connect everything up including power to the tablet, I get 'No Signal' appearing on my TV screen.

I have read articles which say this works fine and also articles which say this isn't supported. If it isn't supported why provide the HDMI adpator?

Can someone please give me a definitive answer. If you have got this to work please can you tell me how.

Thanks so much

Suhel

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

HDMI output from tablets don't work on "some" TVs. It's sometimes a TV compatibility problem and often an Android problem in some cases. With that said I am a little surprised that you can't connect to a Samsung TV. The only thing I can suggest is that you use the remote for the TV to manually change inputs as it may not be sensed correctly. Applying power to the tablet was a good idea as that has been known to be a problem. Also try restarting your tablet while it's connected.

Suhel

Jan 25, 2013
Thanks for your response. But nothing new suggested. I'm not giving up yet. I've spent too much money on the cradle, HDMI adapter, HMDI mini cable etc. That should have been made clear by Samsung, really disappointed with them. I am a great fan of Samsung products in general.