Hello... Going to Beijing, know a good place to get a tablet?

ArtDroid

Aug 17, 2010
Hi,

This might be a bit unusual, but I'm going to Beijing on Friday for a few weeks, so I thought maybe I could get a good deal on an Android tablet while I'm there. I know most of this stuff is available in Shenzhen, but does anyone know if I can find tablets in Beijing? I figured I would be able to, but I have no idea. :)

I was thinking of the Witstech A81E or maybe the new Pandawll / Moonse E7002 / haipad.net one.

What do you think?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
From what i have heard they are harder to find at a physical location then online but enjoy your trip and my suggestion is just look for a tablet in every store you can and hopefully you find a jewel of a tablet out there.

ArtDroid

Aug 17, 2010
Hi, just a follow up... we spent yesterday morning wandering around the Hailong Technology Market and the other big electronic markets in Zhongguancun... We found a few E500 android tablets and a few SmartQ7 tablets, but we couldn't find any Moonse or Witstech type products. The markets are simply massive though, and the first few floors are dedicated to name-brand products (Canon, Nikon, Lenovo, etc), and you can't walk in there without being yelled at to come buy cameras, etc.

Especially when you are a foreigner with a large camera bag on your back. :)

Oh well, no luck. Time to enjoy the rest of my trip.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You wont find the shanzhai stuff in the big time stores.

What you could do is find some sellers on Taobao and call them up.

ArtDroid

Aug 17, 2010
I wasn't looking in brand name stores... this was in the upper levels of the free-for-all markets in the technology district. I'll check Taobao, thanks for the tip.

ArtDroid

Aug 17, 2010
Hi, I'm not Chinese, but I am in Beijing... I just thought since many of these tablets are made in China, they might be available somewhere outside of Shenzhen.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
They do sell them outside, but these tablets are on the level of shanzhai cellphones. They will be in small stores or with street vendors in most cases (although there are some big stores specializing in shanzhai goods in Shenzhen I believe).

ArtDroid

Aug 17, 2010
I saw a Malata Windows tablet in a store called Suning yesterday. I loved the form-factor, I can't wait till there is an Android version...