Hello Good afternoon to all, My name is Penelope and I am in need of assistance.

PenelopeAnn

Feb 6, 2013
I recently got a tablet wmt2.1.2_105/1.6/ 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty/256mb Tablet from my daughter for christmas but to be honest I tried to download and it won't let me the app market is not even real but to make story short I would like to find out if your site can help me to inform me how can I upgrade it, maybe root it or in another words try to get the most of it even thoug I am aware is a generic tablet, cheap and maybe worthless, I will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Penelope, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. You apparently have a WonderMedia based tablet, so I'm moving your thread to the WonderMedia Based forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you upgrade that tablet if possible.

Please don't post the same thing more than once on the forum.

BTW, Check your Private Messages (PMs). I just sent a reply to your message.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Your tablet seems to be an 8505. I would follow the instructions at Help identifying what os is running on my tablet. In my opinion that's about as good as this tablet will get for you. To be honest, I would recommend getting rid of it and buying a Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy 2 or a Lenovo A1, depending on what your budget is. This tablet will never be able to run all the apps you might want when you see them in the market as the hardware is just too slow.

If you choose to work with what you have, try the link above. If you want to try the market without doing the root and ROM upgrade, try the link in my sig for the market.