Hello, new to site!

FlatRate

Jan 27, 2012
I'm new to the site and found it searching for Android based tablets. I'm in the market for a 10" tablet for work. Been doing a lot of researched on the Asus and Samsung and am leaning towards the Asus. However, I'm also worried about apps. I would like to learn more about the different apps out there because that is the main factor in what I'll be getting.

As mentioned I'll be using it for work. I'm a Automotive Technician and would like to use the tablet as a hand help scanner. So I would like to know if I can get certain apps (or find out if there are any) for Android tablets. The main purpose of the purchase is for work so its functionality is most important above all else. My other option is the iPad2 of course but I've already ruled it out due to lack of SD card and USB expansion.

Hopefully this forum will be able to direct me into the right decision.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello FlatRate, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad to have you as a new member of the forum. Since you're most interested in apps, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Apps section and browse the threads already posted there. That would also be the place to ask any app related questions you may have. I'd also suggest you visit the two primary app download sites. Both have search boxes on their main pages where you can see if they have apps for any of the uses you have in mind. The links to those are https://market.android.com/ and Amazon.com: Appstore for Android Have fun and enjoy the forum!

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to Android Tablets FlatRate! The Samsung and Asus are great tablets but I would have to go with the Samsung right now. Asus is suffering through some problems since the ICS update and the GPS (may not be important to you) still has it's problems. If they get the ICS problems ironed out I would recommend the ASUS. Anyway welcome and enjoy the forums!!