Hello One and All from the Fng to the Forums, I Come Bearing Questions...

Gooner356

Jan 13, 2013
Hi Guys/Gals,
new to the forum here, just awaiting delivery of my A2109, and have a question concerning the micro sd slot.
Online everywhere talks about a 32gb micro sd card which I am about to purchase, but is 32 the max size it will take, has anyone squeezed a 64gb card in? Format Fat32 right?
Also, does anyone use the tablet as a satnav since there is GPS. What app do people use?

Anyway, everyone seems nice and friendly here and no one has had their lunch money stolen ;)

Just wanted to say Hi from the UK

Goon'

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

You are in the right place, we have quite a few A2109 users here.

Some will be along shortly to answer your questions.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't have a micro sdcard that big, mine are 16GB. Just from reading it appears 32 is the max. A partitioned 64GB should work.
The real question is what and where is this limition set.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I know that for the Asus tabs, they say it is 32 GB. However, if you format the 64 GB for FAT32 (cannot be done without a 3rd party software thanks to M$) or NTFS, it works fine. Some tablets (including Asus) will read exFAT (the default SDXC format) but it is not guaranteed that it will always work as it could be removed at a future firmware update if it compromises stability.

Heck, I know some users with full size SD cards that are 128 GB in their Asus tablets.

Same goes for the Acer tablets, 64 GB SD and microSD work, but you may have to re-format.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, like Frederuco said, many tablets specify 32GB as the max but also work with 64GB cards in practice. I don't specifically know about the A2109 but there is a good chance it does. Google searching reveals many reports that sizes larger than 32GB work if formatted to FAT32. If possible borrow a card and try it out or you may want to buy one and can return it if it doesn't work.

If you buy a 64GB card you can always keep it and use it in your next device too so there isn't really a down side to going for it. Just remember to come back here and confirm for everybody that it does work.

JP

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Goon', congratulations on your new A2109 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I was reading just yesterday over at Lenovo that someone got a 64gb card working, formatted as FAT32. So I think you are safe. Welcome to the group :).

Gooner356

Jan 13, 2013
I was reading just yesterday over at Lenovo that someone got a 64gb card working, formatted as FAT32. So I think you are safe. Welcome to the group :).
Cheers for this advice guys, think I will wade on in for a 64gb. Any comment on the Satnav question?:)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use Navigation (google maps) most often. I have used Sygic as well.

Note - this is with an Asus TF101 not a Lenovo tab.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Hi Guys/Gals,
new to the forum here, just awaiting delivery of my A2109, and have a question concerning the micro sd slot.
Online everywhere talks about a 32gb micro sd card which I am about to purchase, but is 32 the max size it will take, has anyone squeezed a 64gb card in? Format Fat32 right?
Also, does anyone use the tablet as a satnav since there is GPS. What app do people use?

Anyway, everyone seems nice and friendly here and no one has had their lunch money stolen ;)

Just wanted to say Hi from the UK

Goon'

By "satnav", do you mean (auto) navigation? If so, there is a member here who has his tablet mounted in his dashboard. I believe it's geno51.

Last edited:

Gooner356

Jan 13, 2013
By "satnav", do you mean (auto) navigation? If so, there is a member here who has his tablet mounted in his dashboard. I believe it's geno51.
Well, I was looking for reasons to justify the outlay of scheckles to 'er indoors, since I have not long since had a new lappy, and thought that maybe since I need a new satnav (maps out of date), was kinda wondering if it was stoopid of me to think about looking around for a dash mount........
Guess I wont be the only one huh???? by satnav yes I do mean something to shout directions at me :rolleyes:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011