Hello there, I bought my Android tablet while on holiday!

rodh

Sep 25, 2013
Hi, my name is Rod Hayward and I am an English expat living in a small town in Brittany, France. This summer I was invited to my Son's wedding in Poland which was a wonderful event. While doing a bit of shopping in a very large supermarket I noticed my Omega mid 7004 with android 4.1 at a price that I could not resist. I knew very little about android or tablets come to that.
I do tinker around with old desktop pc's usually ones that freinds just don't want anymore. After cobbleing different bits and bobs around, I like to install Debian linux, and there it is probably better than new. I have also a Raspberry Pi to play with and I can ssh to it from my android tablet.
What I do want to find is how to root my tablet so I can add a usb hub, keybord, mouse, external harddrive, scanner and printer. I want to be able to use it as an alternative desk top pc.
I would welcome any sugesstions of how to gain root access to my tablet.
Many thanks for reading my itroduction and looking forward to your reply.

rodh

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Rod, congratulations on your Omega tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet, so I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section. It's intended for folks who don't know what tablet they have and those, like yourself, who have a tablet that doesn't have a specific forum for it. Don't worry though, you'll have plenty of company there. Good luck in rooting that tablet!