HELP Coby 9042 stck in "white noise" screen

emperorjared

Mar 17, 2013
Hi,

I'm a newbie when it comes to androids. I have a Coby mid9042-8, all I'm trying to do is to root and install simple2sd. One post that I saw googling for the how to's was to install cyanogenmod9, and after I did and rebooted the tablet, it's now stuck in a "white noise" screen and I could not boot to recovery anymore. The tablet is just stuck on that screen and would not boot, even to recovery. I also tried to use adb with the command "adb reboot bootloader" and still nothing happens. Does this mean that my tablet it bricked? Please I need help in fixing my tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Generation 3 Development is the first place you should have looked for instructions on how to root. But that is neither here nor there. Unfortunately, if you can't get into recovery at all, there isn't much you can do except exchange your tablet for a new one. From what I recall all of our restore options require ClockworkMod.

Please show me a link to the thread you Googled?

surgeman

Feb 22, 2013
The dreaded white screen of death!!Yuk!! I have read this so much in this and other forums..I'm going out on a limb...But Jarod...Here's the file you'll need to get it working...The file name is sun4i_crane_mid9042_120701_v2 and you'll need Live Suit or Phoenix USB Pro to flash it..Do a search for Allwinner A10 flashing instructions..That will get you back stock...

emperorjared

Mar 17, 2013
I already forgot the threads and links. Been googling here and there trying to find a solution. My failt was I didn't bookmark the pages I got info from.

emperorjared

Mar 17, 2013
Thanks, I'll download the file and do more reading on the flashing instruction. Keeping my fingers cross, hope to unbrick my tablet. I'll keep you posted.

emperorjared

Mar 17, 2013
The dreaded white screen of death!!Yuk!! I have read this so much in this and other forums..I'm going out on a limb...But Jarod...Here's the file you'll need to get it working...The file name is sun4i_crane_mid9042_120701_v2 and you'll need Live Suit or Phoenix USB Pro to flash it..Do a search for Allwinner A10 flashing instructions..That will get you back stock...

I was able to flash the file. Thank you so much. I got it working