HELP... Coby Kyros dosn't turn on

piratesscareme

Aug 15, 2011
Try pushing the reset button on the back for a couple of seconds and then turning it on.

Sent from my Kyros MID7022 8K using Tapatalk

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
if you are seeing the Logo, that is a good sign. have you tried to put it into recovery mode?

Download the stock firmware

1. Copy all files to a MicroSD card, i recommend a clean one...
2. Recharge
3. After recharge TURN OFF ( you are already off.
4. Insert the card at the MicroSD slot
5. Press the home menu, keep pressing and TURN the tablet ON. Release both keys when the screen lights up.
6. After that, a recovery menu will appear, then you can release the home button.
7. Wait a few minutes while system works
8. System will shut down, TURN it ON again
9. DONE!

Last edited:

mgonzalez87

Oct 13, 2011
if you are seeing the Logo, that is a good sign. have you tried to put it into recovery mode?

2. Recharge
5. Press the home menu, keep pressing and TURN the tablet ON. Release both keys when the screen lights up.
6. After that, a recovery menu will appear, then you can release the home button.
9. DONE!

it dosn't trun on at all

viseversa101

Oct 15, 2011

2. Recharge
9. DONE!

I have the same problem, however i do have the logo yet thats all i see...these steps didnt help, any other suggestions?

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I have the same problem, however i do have the logo yet thats all i see...these steps didnt help, any other suggestions?

What's your tablet model?

What firmware did you use?

If the process ended without errors on screen and it's stuck in the Coby logo then maybe your internal microSD is bad.

viseversa101

Oct 15, 2011
What's your tablet model?

What firmware did you use?

If the process ended without errors on screen and it's stuck in the Coby logo then maybe your internal microSD is bad.

i have a coby kryos mid1024
firmware was the latest 1024 available thru coby

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
i have a coby kryos mid1024
firmware was the latest 1024 available thru coby

You may wanna try a firmware I made for MID1024 and will be released soon. It shows more info on screen so you know what's going on. A pre-release version is available here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...dix-touch-drivers-gingerbread.html#post139523

If the update goes until end with no errors and you still get stuck in Coby's logo then probably you have a defective unit, either microSD or something else. If it's warranty I would request an exchange. The first MID1024 I got would reset and lose all my settings, then it was replaced and the new one is fine so far.

viseversa101

Oct 15, 2011
Omw out for dinner, il give it a shot when i return and provide feedback. This unit was bought early Aug beginning, of fall semester so its less than 3 months old.