Help with Stock Browser

jerryferreira

Jun 15, 2013
I mainly use the stock browser on my Asus tablet. When I select text on a webpage, I get the usual options 'SELECT ALL', 'COPY', 'SEARCH', 'SHARE' at the top (see attached screenshot).

I've used the 'SEARCH' option before, which would open a new Google search window, but as of today, it opens the YouTube app with the selected text being searched in YouTube.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I've already tried clearing the browser's cache and data and temporarily uninstalling YouTube, but the stock browser still wants to open the YouTube app.

Thanks!

$Screenshot_2014-05-26-14-13-46.jpg

jerryferreira

Jun 15, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion. I do have Chrome and use that as my secondary browser. The reason I like to use both is that my Bookmarks, History, and Saved Pages sync effortlessly with my Chrome for PC.

I would use Chrome on my tablet all the time, but some content doesn't show on some pages (needs additional plug-in), but the stock browser has no problem.

I really don't want to get into using yet another browser. I already use 4 altogether, so I don't want anymore.

I really do appreciate your time and suggestions. As a Windows guy, it's starting to feel like tablets are having similar problems as PCs---there's always something that needs tweaking, fixing, and uninstalled/reinstalled.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I do the same, syncing passwords, bookmarks, tabs etc with Firefox on my desktop and my tablet. Firefox supports Flash Player, which Chrome does not so that's a plus.