Help Me Find A Tablet

JoeDin2056

Jun 9, 2012
Hi all,

Ok im after an Android Tablet. I live in the UK and i have a budget at around £80.

I need the tablet to have these capabilities;

1. it has speakers
2. it has a microphone
3. touch screen, 7 inch is my preferred size bit i will accept bigger if needed
4. android version 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
5. must have text-to-speech and voice recognition features
6. 8gb storage or more
7. supports memory cards up to 32gb
8. has a processor of at least 1.0 GHz
9. has ram of at least 512mb
10. must have a front camera, would like a back one as well but its more important for one at the front
11. has a hdmi or a mini hdmi port
12. has a usb port or micro usb
13. has access to android market place and can us apps, as well as Google Play Store
14. supports HD video playback

im new to tablets and android and would like to try one out, but i want the tablet to be capable of the above. can anyone help me, the ones that i find only supports memory cards up to 16gb but thats not enough for me as i have at least 20gb of media i want to put on it plus i want room for apps and other things i may want to put on in the future.

Thanks Joe

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, you will need to buy an adapter for hdmi and USB but it will do everything you ask and more.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
IMHO, for the best experience, you should go with a major tablet brand. Yeah, you can get a cheap one, but the firmware updates will not be regular, you may not have access to the Play Store without hacking it, and if it ever breaks, you may have a paperweight that cost you 80 quid and nothing you can do about it.

I think the Google Nexus tablet that is due to launch in the next 1-2 months looks promising. It is going to be a 7" variety, heard it would be quad core and all sorts of other goodness. Rumor mill has the price point around $150-$200, but I that is out of your price range. Not sure how the prices will be in the UK as many of the tablets I have seen have the same price in the UK as the US (ASUS TF101 was $399 at launch and also 399 quid).