Help me please!! My tablet is having problems...

Jatz

Oct 12, 2011
Hey guys, OK to start i bought this second hand 2days ago as the owner cldn't update it and decided to sell.

My first problem is that when i try to download from the android market it comes up with your item will be downloaded, then the arrow appears at the top but then its gone. And wont download.. How can i fix this to download things on my tablet??

My second problem is now when i turn it on the whole screen shakes, it hasnt been dropped nothings has happened to it, If there had been i would know that's what coursed it, But i have no clue. I have attached some vids(hope they come up) of whats happening when i turn it on, and once its unlocked and on the main screen..

VIDEO0017_xvid.mp4 video by tezza-jatz - Photobucket

VIDEO0018_xvid.mp4 video by tezza-jatz - Photobucket

Any helps to fix this problems would be great.. of course the second is priority as i cant do anything with this problem..

Thankyou in advance for your help.

Jatz...

Jatz

Oct 12, 2011
Wow reali 106 views and not one person has any ideas.. Mayb this site wasnt as good as i thought it was :/

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Hello Jatz. I am sorry that no one has responded to you question. And for myself, I am new to the forum as well and just now seeing it. But I am sure you have moved on by now and replaced your tablet. From the looks of you video it seems that you may have a defective unit. And as for the download problem, I believe that may just be a quirk in Honeycomb. My Acer A500 does the same thing sometimes. The download starts and I can see the little arrow in the task bar showing the download then it stops before the install begins. What I have learned to do is just back up one page and click the download icon again. It always completes on the second try. This might even be a WiFi glitch, I'm not sure. Either way, I always get my apps downloaded on the second try.

xfact2007

Oct 17, 2011
Hi!

Do you have the first or the second version of ZT 180 tablet, 10" or 7" screen? What is your ROM version number (something like 1030 and 1204 are Eclair firmwares)?
Here is the FAQ for the ZT-180 v1: Wiki:ZT-180 FAQ - Wiki (I have the oldest device with 256MB RAM)
for the ZT-180 v2: Wiki:ZT-180v2 FAQ - Wiki

For the market problem: If your download always "disconnects" with an error message you should download a new Market apk first (google for "android vending apk"). It is a common problem with old firmwares.
I did not meet with shaking screen problem. You may need a new firmware?! You can download new firmwares (ROM) from here:
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

But you need to know more about your device before you choose ROM to flash. If you have further questions, you can find help here:
ZT-180 - SlateDroid.com

If you have new Eclair/Froyo ROM, you have to go through the following steps:
1) download your ROM (from the mediafire link, or from the official site Technical support_ZenithinK)
2) you have to consult with the FAQ how to upgrade your firmware from your current ROM
2a) burntool method: you need to connect your device to your computer with a <miniUSB - USB> cable and use the burner program bundled with the firmware
2b) or SDCARD method: you have to put your files inside your SDCARD's zt-update directory: zImage, ZT_Bx.boot, system.tar.bz, zImage_update, clear_data_part are the common files what you need
3) follow the instructions in your downloaded ROM's readme file; to upgrade your firmware from SDCARD, you have to keep press the left volume button when you power-on the device
4) after the device boot up you should see a confirmation dialog on your device's screen.
4a) burntool method: you need to press the "Enter" button to switch to USB debug mode
4b) SDCARD method: you need to keep press the left volume button to switch to SDCARD upgrade mode
5) After your computer/SDCARD is recognized and you successfully switched to 4a/4b mode: you press OK on your epad , and the firmware install begins
You will know every details about what is happening, the installer displays file names on the device's screen
You see "succeed/successful" message, when it will be finished. It will ask you to reboot your device.
6) if you burned all necessary files (2a) within burntools directory (on your PC's harddrive) or 2b) the files you put inside zt-update directory (on your SDCARD)) you should see your new Froyo 2.2 ROM without gliches

Sorry, if it was not understandable.