Help - Need New Rom for A9 Tablet

Classpro

Jul 26, 2011
I made the mistake of copying some google app files using root explorer into the system/apps folder of my tablet, and now the tablet won't boot. I can't delete the files because the tablet won't boot. I think I need to install a new rom, but I can't find a recent one anywhere. Can anyone help? I now have a brick. My rom was dated 6/21/2011. Thanks.

Jan 25, 2011
With no idea what tablet you have your best bet its to email the company where u purchased the tablet from and ask for a firmware update. Most of them can either supply you with one or tell you where you could get it.

Classpro

Jul 26, 2011
With no idea what tablet you have your best bet its to email the company where u purchased the tablet from and ask for a firmware update. Most of them can either supply you with one or tell you where you could get it.

Thanks foxmotoracer23. Unfortunately, company I purchased from just takes orders and ships boxes. No real support available. I bought two tablets, and only bricked one. Sent the bricked one back for RMA. Probably will have it back in a month. Other one works fine, but no google apps and old market. Also, microphone doesn't seem to work.

Would really like to get a clockworkmod recovery so that I can make a nandroid backup before fooling around to try to get google's apps working, but there isn't an active user community, and I don't know how to build a clockworkmod myself. If anyone has one of these generic A9 tablets with the offset home button on the front and some ideas, I'd like to try to make it better.