help needed to upgrade to 4.0

jdc777

Jul 7, 2012
Hi
i have a chinese mid 97fc
instructions are telling me to download and unpack the upgrade file 97F1-D1-H2-H01-N403.img and then use livesuit to perform the upgrade (from 2.3.4 to 4.0)
there is no information telling me where to find the .img file and i had given up trying to find it now after searching for at least 2 weeks.
it was pdrod's post in the new members introductions yesterday that prompted me to give it one last shot but i've run out out of ideas and any hope that i will ever get this tablet upgraded.
Can anyone help me with this plz?

jdc777

Jul 7, 2012
Hi again,
I finally managed to upgrade my chinese MID 97FC tablet this morning and it's now running ics 4.0.3 with no problems.

The instructions that came with the tablet were next to useles apart from giving me the name of the .img file I needed.

Not knowing anything about android or flashing roms it took me a while to get it sorted.

It all fell into place when I found out any make of tablet with the allwinner A10 chip (which mine has)
Would be compatible with a whole lot of firmware updates.

So because I couldn't find the .img the instructions told me to use I started looking around at some others. I downloaded a couple but winzip and winrar couldn't unpack the .rar files', said they were corrupt or not compatible ??? One was for ainol and the other was for novo I think. Can't quite remember now.

Then I found this hope the link works.

The file I used with livesuit was not the exact one the instructions said to use but it still worked.

Hope this might be useful to anyone who might find themselves in the same boat I was in.

i.e instructions that are next to useless, not a clue what you're doing and no-one you can take it to who will show you in 5 minutes.

dazzbow

Jul 16, 2012
Hi,
I think I may have the same tablet as you (not sure ???) and was wondering if you can remember what was the exact filename of the rar files you downloaded from "ployermomo9.wordpress.com" .

Also, I'm not 100% sure what Model of Tablet I have. Does yours have all the inputs/outputs along the bottom edge (Power, USB, HDMI, Mem Card, Headphones in that order form left to right as you look at them) and power button near bottom of right hand edge with Volume buttons above that ?

If it does then I guess I will be ok to update to the same firmware as you did !

Any help appreciated, Thanks.