Help Needed with Acer Iconia One 7

MarkinStaffs

Oct 21, 2014
I have just got a new tablet, an Acer Iconia One 7 and yesterday it prompted me to put in my router password, at set-up stage. That was fine and yesterday I could just turn the tablet on and automatically connect to my home wifi. But today, every time I turn on my tablet and try to go on the web, it keeps saying 'no WiFi access'. I have found that if I go into Settings and RE ENTER the router password EACH TIME I turn the tablet on, it DOES then connect me to the web. But this seems so wrong. I had a Hudl before, and I only had to enter my password once, when I first had it. Surely, I don't have to keep entering my router password every time I wish to go online? I cannot see how to get this stupid machine to remember the router password and connect automatically. I am a bit of a technophobe, do can anyone help with some simple advice? I am very fed up and if this machine requires me to remember my router password every time, then I am dumping it! Grrr!

Norm1

Jan 7, 2015
I have the same problem. Started using it on December 26. Have encountered the fault 3 times. Each time the only success I had was to do a hard reset. Last reset was done on January 3rd. On Jan 07...it lost the password again. It is very frustrating. Certainly would like to knowhow to fix without hard reset and complete data loss.