HELP networking need to set fixed ip/dns

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
Is there a way to set a fixed IP and dns on an Acer iconia tab a500?

I looked all over the place in the setting etc but cannot set this. I have a network that I need to connect to but it is not serving dhcm address and no dns. I have to enter in the ssid/pass code and set a ip/dns settings.

Can this be done?
If so how?
Acer would not offer me any support without paying for it. This should be a basic function of the device I would think.

CJ

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
So i finally got someone from Acer to talk to me and I figured this out. It looks like the push they did over the weekend caused many problem on the tablets. I had to reset back to factory to get this to work.

So I guess we have to wait fro someone to fix the fix for this os.

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
well looks like i got some bad info or the reset did not remove the patch. I still cannot get into it. Back to calling acer

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
I called Acer back and tabatha was very helpful and was very knowledgable or knew how to find what I needed. So I spend an hour on the phone or more with her and I now have my wifi back after a reload and a reset using the button as well as the software reset.

I was able to get on my works network and assign the fixed IP.

I have not been asked to update the os again and if I get the prompt I will decline it for now.