help - sd card not mounted

jubigret

Jan 8, 2011
hi there, not sure what went wrong -

i wanted to install the latest firmware for the a8 and i did the reset. then i wasn't sure whether i should have the downloaded file on the internal sd or external an was having problems communicating with the pad and any of my computers. I finally put the file on a 4g external and slid that in hoping to transfer to the mount/...

anyways, when i went to look for the sd card to transfer it told me that the card was not mounted. i can't tell where along the way i did something wrong and have searched but can't tell what i should do to fix it.

also i've gone to the market looking for z4root and the search turns up empty, is it no longer available?

thanks for any help :)

bunhead

Feb 5, 2011
hi there, not sure what went wrong -

i wanted to install the latest firmware for the a8 and i did the reset. then i wasn't sure whether i should have the downloaded file on the internal sd or external an was having problems communicating with the pad and any of my computers. I finally put the file on a 4g external and slid that in hoping to transfer to the mount/...

anyways, when i went to look for the sd card to transfer it told me that the card was not mounted. i can't tell where along the way i did something wrong and have searched but can't tell what i should do to fix it.

also i've gone to the market looking for z4root and the search turns up empty, is it no longer available?

thanks for any help :)

I found that the internal memory is mounted on /mnt/extsd and the microsd card gets mounted on the /mnt/sdcard (each mount point has a sym link to the root so they also show up as /extsd and /sdcard). I don't get and sound or graphic in my status bar that indicates that a card was inserted but it does show up in Astro (or Root explorer).

To root my tablet I tried several root kits but the one that worked for me was SuperOneClickv1.6.3. You can find it by looking on Google :)

Bunhead

Ammanti

Feb 7, 2011
I am having this same issue. I checked for the extsd mount and it is not there. I am wondering if I may have a bad tablet as I can not get a computer to recognize the device via usb. I am not getting the unrecognized error. It simply does nothing when I connect. I have tried OSX, Windows7, Windows Xp, Ubuntu Linux, and Redhat Linux on as many computers. And none of them see the device.

I am hoping that there is some setting that I can check in settings or via a config file. I would hope that I didn't get the tablet.