help unable to start update on new flytouch 2

hadrien001

Dec 10, 2010
Next day, when I turn on my flytouch II, It can't boot up, the started it up
to the Green screen then stop to loading. Try many ways, power on/off or
released all the battery life to restart again, But all fault, my tablet pc
now is bricked "green color Brick". I don't know what happen on it. It's made
me so sad. Can anyone help to solve the problem, Please !
I have try to find solutions on internet and with this procedure:
hit the reset button ( on the side of the tablet ) then hold the Home and
power button at the same time until the screen with a triangle and an X
appear. but never appear with a lot of button's usage (time to push,change home by menu etc)
may be a sd card is necessary with what software on it ?
I'm really out of order!!!
francis
embarrassed.gif

Farang

Nov 9, 2010
If you have the Flying Touch II, I think you just need to boot holding the "HOME" and power buttons down until the recovery screen appears. At first I thought it didn't work because I was releasing the buttons too soon. I have read that some people only had to do a factory reset from the recovery screen to fix their "green brick." So maybe try that first (you will lose all your apps and customization!).

Then if that doesn't work you can try the usb update option, described here: 11-7 update is here and confirmed to work! . If that still doesn't work, then you probably have to flash the rom, like I did. See here: InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 28 - xda-developers (Mapstec's post #279). Good luck.

Last edited:

hadrien001

Dec 10, 2010
I have try to 1-reset 2- hold home( button near wifi on/off switch) and power on and hold these two button 30 sec and nothing happen.
but I have try this 1-reset 2 hold large black button with white square in it in front and power on it appear on the screen on white on black:
1- a serial of number more 8 serial of 8 number
2- a text System will boot in 5s ... (decreasing 4s,3s,2s,1s and start to the green screen)

What is this I have never read this on all forums???

hadrien001

Dec 10, 2010
I have read in other forum than the good button sequence is hold 'Home' and hold 'large black button with white square in it in front' and Power on in this case I obtain a message a little bit different:
on the black and white scree 2 lines
Press the required keys if you want to apply a factory reset.
System will boot normally in X seconds ... (X go from 5 to 1)

but what must I do ??? if every know I'm waiting in front of my bricked tablet!!!

sw1tched

Dec 12, 2010
my droid tablet (flytouch2) has the same issue. boots to the green wow pad screen and hangs. worked fine earlier today. anyone have a fix for this?
If I boot and hold the front square button I get the "system will boot in 5...4...3...2...1
then boots to the green screen and hangs again.
Im fine with a factory reset but Im unable to do this without getting into the OS. any other ways?

xpcoupe

Dec 19, 2010
Ok I worked out all the steps.
Press all three button Home, round button on the front and the power button.

The following appears
Press the required keys if you want to apply a factory reset.
System will boot normally in X seconds ... (X go from 5 to 1)

Release all buttons and re press the same threee buttons again. The systems goes into a recovery mode.

hadrien001

Dec 10, 2010
I try the xpcoupe soluce when my pc is connect to the tablet and appear a line like 'connect to PC' and here I can flash the rom with flastool and the 5 files of the rom and all return fine (twice).

may2006

Jan 4, 2011
Success.
I'm having problems just like you(hadrien001)
Solve the problem by. Press all three button 1.Home, 2.round button on the front and 3 .the power button.
Hold until the message appears.Unclasp.
New press 3 buttons at once.Unclasp.And wait.
Good luck

mdlevesque

Dec 21, 2010
I get the same here except I get the following error after all the keypresses:

No Recovery Image is found, try recover from SD.

Anyone else? got another key sequence?

almnsi55

Jan 23, 2011
i have the same problem !!!!!

with my wowpad !

I dont really know what to do !!!

no recovery image is found, try to recover from SD
this was the last message i saw on the screen
sometime it show me ( Green screen with WOWPAD logo )
sometimes only the logo of Infotmic !!

it is killing me man ... what is next ?

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I had exactly the same problem, nothing worked. So I tried the bootable SD Card, the link is earlier in this thread, and I now have the pad working again. It is now running firmware version 1480, there is 1170 available as well but can't remember the link.