HELP! Vegan-Tab Ginger won't load after reboot!

thecaringkind

Apr 19, 2011
Hi all. I loaded the 'experimental release' or most recent version of the Vegan ROM and ran it for a little while with no problems at all. Even loaded a bunch of apps from the Amazon App Store and they seemed to work fine. I loaded SetCPU also as I would like to overclock my gTab, and I selected the radio box for the overclock settings to be applied 'on boot'. I shut the tab down and upon trying to turn it on and boot, I get the Viewsonic screen and then the Vegan-Tab loading animation which cycles a few times and then...NOTHING. It cannot load the desktop. I have clockwork recovery installed and can access that. What should I do? Flash the ROM or a new one all over again? Thanks in advance!

vandums

Apr 25, 2011
I would do a factory reset/clear user data in clockwork. This will clear out all of your apps. It will be like the first time you loaded the OS except everything will still be on your SD card. You will have to set up everything again. It sounds like you chose a setting in setcpu that the tablet doesn't like.

TTTony

Apr 19, 2011
Honestly, is there anything to gain by overclocking? To me, the risk and instability is rarely worth it. Not to mention, I have to imagine that kills battery life.

chemsolder

Apr 30, 2011
I use set CPU but never tried the set at boot option. I run min at 216 max 1.2 or 1.4 either one and it works fine for me I do have pershoot's latest kernel installed as well, Rom is vegan ginger. In an odd way this kind of makes me want to go click set at boot and reboot...

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum