Help! What tablet should I get? Need help ASAP!

Angell3abie69

May 19, 2012

ok so, I want an android tab with a screen of 9.4" up to 10.2" no smaller or bigger, anything between that, the tab has gota have adobe flash! A screen very sensitive to the touch like an iPad. The new android market called "Play Store". Android honeycomb 3 or icecream sandwich but whichever one it has to be able to upgrade whenever the newest OS is out. Either dual core proc or quad 4 Tegra 3, I don't know much about this stuff so whichever one of those is a faster and better processor for games and movies and browsing and such.16gb or higher storage but if it's only 16gb then it must have the external SD or micro SD storage slot for expandable mem. The most RAM. And camera front and back, if it doesn't have both then it just have rear cam, but whether the tabs dual cam or not, the rears gota 5mp or higher! If it has a front cam it can be 1mp or higher. So please, some help me tell me which tablet/tablets have these specifications! I know it's out there and I've been looking for weeks I'm fed up I cant do it myself I need someone who actually knows about tablets!! I'm ready to get one today! Can't wait anymore :(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I would recommend either the ASUS Transformer TF201 or TF300. The TF201 is more powerful, and has a brighter display (that is viewable in sunlight). The TF300 is newer, but slightly slower (1.2 GHz quad core vs 1.3 GHz quad core). Both are 10.1" displays.

The TF300 is $379 for 16 GB, $399 for 32 GB.
The TF201 is $499 for 32 GB, $599 for 64 GB.

Both have microSD slots, but the microSD can only be used to store files (apps cannot be moved to the microSD cards)

Angell3abie69

May 19, 2012
so the newer one is slower? thats dumb. if its newer they should have made if faster, anyway, is there any other difference between the 2? is there anything that makes the newer better than the first one you mentioned?:confused:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Yes, the newer one is slower, but the TF201 has had some complaints with GPS issues and WiFi reception due to the metal back. The newer one is slower, but also $100 cheaper. ASUS has a new tablet that should be out soon called the TF700 that will be quad core 1.6 GHz and will be able to play full 1080p video.

Angell3abie69

May 19, 2012
thanks! maybe i'll wait for that one then! lol.. do you know anything about the samsung galgaxy 2 tab? or the acer iconia?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Frederuco said:
I know they are good devices. I think they may still be using Tegra 2 chips, but I have not looked into them too much.

I believe the galaxy tab 2 10.1 is still using Tegra 2, and the 2 7 is using TI omap dual core.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Angell3abie69 said:
I thought they were both dual core proc?

They are, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 uses the dual core Tegra 2 and the Galaxy Tab 2 7 uses the dual core TI omap processor.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi

You could try the smartQ T20 I think it meets all your requirements it's very new and there doesn't seem to be a great supply yet but it's getting better

SmartQ T20 is dual core android 4.0 tablet pc. dual core adopt TI OMAP4460 Cortex-A9 1.5GHz processorandroid ics system, the tablet has IPS touch screen,1280*800 piex resolution,1GB LPDDR2 8GB or 16 gb internal ans upto 32mb external, also support bluetooth 4.0 and HDMI hp output. Dual camera,2.0 MP of front and 5.0MP of back,you can chat with your friends via msn and skype, and play market installed.

It's a bit cheaper than the others mentioned and according to what I have read there will be good support in terms of firmware development.

Last edited:

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
ok so, I want an android tab with a screen of 9.4" up to 10.2" no smaller or bigger, anything between that, the tab has gota have adobe flash! A screen very sensitive to the touch like an iPad. The new android market called "Play Store". Android honeycomb 3 or icecream sandwich but whichever one it has to be able to upgrade whenever the newest OS is out. Either dual core proc or quad 4 Tegra 3, I don't know much about this stuff so whichever one of those is a faster and better processor for games and movies and browsing and such.16gb or higher storage but if it's only 16gb then it must have the external SD or micro SD storage slot for expandable mem. The most RAM. And camera front and back, if it doesn't have both then it just have rear cam, but whether the tabs dual cam or not, the rears gota 5mp or higher! If it has a front cam it can be 1mp or higher. So please, some help me tell me which tablet/tablets have these specifications! I know it's out there and I've been looking for weeks I'm fed up I cant do it myself I need someone who actually knows about tablets!! I'm ready to get one today! Can't wait anymore :(

Hi Angell3abie69, as macthecat recommended, SmartQ T20 is the tablet for you :)

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Don't know what your price limits are but I cant recommend the Toshiba Thrive highly enough. Bought mine many months back and have never had a problem with it. There were a couple things I didn't know about but the members here told me where to go to turn things on or off and it is perfect now. The things that make me point this tablet out are the 32 gig hard drive, full size USB, HDMI and SD ports/slots. 10.1 inch screen, very responsive and will be getting ICS some time before fall but I don't remember when, seemed like it was going to be in the next few months though.