Help With 1Mobile Market

mariedo_7

Oct 27, 2012
Hi

I just bought a Hipstreet 9" tablet (Android 4.0). It came with Getjar and 1Mobile for app download. Im trying to download apps like dropbox, evernote. However after clicking on "download" (directly from the app's website) it dosent download. It only says via 1Mobile "prepare for download" and nothing happens. Do I need to change a setting?

Cheers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

When you say "directly from the WEB site" I assume you mean 1Mobile and/or GetJar? If so, did you tell your tablet to accept installs from third parties? Also you may be having a problem with the WiFi that is holding up the downloads. Power down your router and your tablet and power back up again. You may also want to check the link below re: problems with WiFi. My guess is that something there will help.

mariedo_7

Oct 27, 2012
I have tried downloading from the app website (www.dropbox.com) as well as Mobiel1. (everything i tried downloading from Getjar worked however it dosent have the apps I want). I have also selected to allow non-Market app download. I dont believe its caused by my wifi, but I will try your suggestion.

p.s I do have "lookout", do you think it may be blocking the app download, if so why isint my tablet telling me there is something wrong instead of being stuck on "prepare to download"?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Lookout could be a/the problem but as you say it would seem that you would get some sort of message rather than just stalling.

On DropBox see what happens when you try to mail it to your tablet. You may also want to consider a different browser once something downloads. If GetJar will work look for Firefox or Dolphin Browser.

mariedo_7

Oct 27, 2012
So I uninstalled lookout. Already been using Dolphin and nothing. I tried downloading random small app and again nothing. Could it be that it is simply a crappy tablet? I'm going to try and reset it see if that will help. Do you have any suggestions?

thanks again

2flyguy

Dec 18, 2013
I have reset my tablet 2 times and trying everything I still can't download anything, can anyone help

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have reset my tablet 2 times and trying everything I still can't download anything, can anyone help

Welcome to the forum

Someone may be able to help but we will need more information, like what you are trying to download, how and from where.