Help with Bricked mid7048-4

Unvariably

Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys, I have been lurking in this forum for a while now and finally decided to sign up. I have searching for a way to fix my bricked coby kyros mid7048-4
So I rooted it and after messing around it started bugging out so I tried to shut it down and thats when it got stuck in bootloop. I reset it and tried turning it on again with no luck. It goes to the Coby screen and then to the android Screen and just sits there looping. I reset it again and put it into System Recovery Mode. I put 7048_Recovery_Root_Gapps.zip 7048_System_Restore.zip and Root_Gapps_Signed.zip on it. When I try to install Recovery and System restore I get:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding Update Package...
Opening Update Package...
Verifying Update Package...
E:signature verification failed
Installation Aborted.

But Root_Gapps_signed.zip works just fine. So can anyone help me out?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
On your PC, unzip Root_Gapps_Signed.zip and 7048_System_Restore.zip. Dive into the META-INF folder of Root_Gaps_Signed.zip and look for the following two files: CERT.RSA and CERT.SF. Copy those files to META-INF in 7048_System_Restore and zip up the files into a new archive. Then try installing the new zip.

Unvariably

Feb 19, 2013
On your PC, unzip Root_Gapps_Signed.zip and 7048_System_Restore.zip. Dive into the META-INF folder of Root_Gaps_Signed.zip and look for the following two files: CERT.RSA and CERT.SF. Copy those files to META-INF in 7048_System_Restore and zip up the files into a new archive. Then try installing the new zip.

I tried what you said step by step, yet I still get the same error message I was receiving prior. Thank you for looking into it and trying to help me nonetheless