Help with Hipstreet Flare, I think my root failed, now I am lost, but not brick yet.

Nov 10, 2012
I think I have an Allwinner a10 (from what I can find online). So I am becoming desperate for an assist or steps to follow to either get back to day 1 (which I doubt I can do), or flash to a new rom.

Firstly I am guilty of a very noob mistake by not having a backup. Second I am very new to android so please be gentle :D

I tried to Root by following this post......Hipstreet TITAN HS-7DTB4-4GB Tablet - Proper Rooting, Market etc. - xda-developers It's same make but 7" tablet, as mine is 9"

One of the steps took away my taskbar with soft keys, and I now get a message of "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped" at the lock screen.

I am not bricked, but what can I do to come back or go to new rom......I need clear steps to follow.

Any advice or help would be welcomed !!!!!!!!!!!

$WP_000131.jpg$WP_000133.jpg

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
sounds like a bad build.prop Build.prop for a Hipstreet Flare HS-9DTB4 - xda-developers
install adb driver (can be found in android sdk or in my tool)
download android commander and push this file into your /system folder(remember permissions, right click the file on android commander and select all of em ) http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/misc/hs7-9/build.prop (Right click and save as)
also use my tool to make a backup (don't install recovery or reboot recovery)
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/D2pad D201208Bxxxxx SN/d2pad hax D201208Bxxxxx SN on back.rar
if this doesn't work delete everything in the data folder with android commander

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2012
sounds like a bad build.prop Build.prop for a Hipstreet Flare HS-9DTB4 - xda-developers
install adb driver (can be found in android sdk or in my tool)
download android commander and push this file into your /system folder(remember permissions, right click the file on android commander and select all of em ) http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/misc/hs7-9/build.prop (Right click and save as)
also use my tool to make a backup (don't install recovery or reboot recovery)
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/myfishbear/D2pad D201208Bxxxxx SN/d2pad hax D201208Bxxxxx SN on back.rar
if this doesn't work delete everything in the data folder with android commander

Firstly let me say sorry for the slow reply to your help !!!!!! Thank you thank you thankyou!! I am almost 100% back to normal.

When I used the prop file the Taskbar returned, with minor bugs. I also managed to loose my lock screen, which I have now replaced with Holo Locker. I have Jelly Bean Launcher over original

I also deleted every thing in data, but it did not fix anything new past the prop file from a 7" tablet..........

I made a video to show what your help managed to do......if I can go no futher I can live with the minor quircks......I would like to find a way to load Jelly Bean, as I did manage to load CWR....but I will not go further until I know a bit more about what to do so I don't end up like I was before.

Last edited by a moderator:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
np i just havent seen a build.prop from your device and i heard that one would work. that why b4 i hack i always backup stock files. if they have a firmware update it will good to apply it. :)

likehelping

Nov 30, 2012
Hipstreet TITAN HS-7DTB4-8GB contantly restarting - URGENT Help

I ran Tasselhof - Root, Market utility to root and get google play on my Hipstreet Titan 7" tablet.

After rooting, it started to give frequent "unforunately, the process.core.google has stopped" message on almost all applications that I click.

So I tried Newtech25 root script. After install it woudn't open my setting>apps screen but error out saying "Unfortunately, setrting UI has stopped"

I had created a d2_system.tar backup using d2pad hax D201208Bxxxxx SN on back earlier. So thinking that I'll get factory setting back, I copied the original system files back to system directory of the tablet.

Now my tablet does not start up but is constantly rebooting.
frown.gif
PLEASE HELP any advice is appreicated!

Else I think my 100 bucks has gone down the drain :(

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

myfishbear

Nov 12, 2012
use android commander and set permissions of all those apps to rw-r-r or 667 (the same thing)

neviln

Apr 15, 2014
After searching for the past hour, I finally found a solution that works

Basically I had a Hipstreet Flare 2 (HS-9DTB7-8GB) and this morning it was stuck at the boot screen (showing just "@9" logo). It would display that boot screen logo for about 15-20 seconds and then keep rebooting on its own over and over.

I tried to get to a recovery menu multiple times but failed.

I finally found an official firmware file from the Hipstreet site with instructions on how to restore firmware and reset device.

Just visit "flare2 (dot) hipstreetonline (dot) ca"
(sorry if I'm not allowed to post direct links...this is my first post and I just wanted to help others that are stuck)

The instructions listed on that page and very easy to follow.

Hope this helps
smile.gif

gotcongee

Oct 3, 2014
After searching for the past hour, I finally found a solution that works

Basically I had a Hipstreet Flare 2 (HS-9DTB7-8GB) and this morning it was stuck at the boot screen (showing just "@9" logo). It would display that boot screen logo for about 15-20 seconds and then keep rebooting on its own over and over.

I tried to get to a recovery menu multiple times but failed.

I finally found an official firmware file from the Hipstreet site with instructions on how to restore firmware and reset device.

Just visit "flare2 (dot) hipstreetonline (dot) ca"
(sorry if I'm not allowed to post direct links...this is my first post and I just wanted to help others that are stuck)

The instructions listed on that page and very easy to follow.

Hope this helps
smile.gif
could you please help my Flare2 is stuck on recovery menu... do you have the file from that website. At the moment the web site is down.

Please help... Thanks