Help with market fix and enterprise WPA

J

jimbolaya

I went through "Sticky: [Howto] Install ClockworkMod, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix" mostly verbatim, including using "TnT G-Harmony v1.2". I am still having a few issues though.

I didn't do "wipe data/factory reset" the first time around and everything seemed fine except with the Market. I also couldn't connect to the enterprise WPA network at work. I read about doing the "Perform 2nd Market Fix" in the next post and tried it out. It showed me the whole market for about 10 seconds, then went back to the "tablet" version with almost no applications.

I went back and did all the steps, this time doing the "wipe data/factory reset" and this time tried going through "Initial Setup" which didn't happen when I didn't do the wipe. Unfortunately, I got a force-close after the Timezone page. I then restored from backup.

Just so I'm clear, the "Market Fix" refers to having access to all (or at least more of) the applications in the Market? I've been through the "Market Fix" listed in the Sticky several times with no different results. What might I be doing wrong?

I loaded "Full Wifi" so I could add my work network and set up the WPA enterprise. It tries to connect but fails. When I try to connect to my work network with WPA enterprise by going to "Wi-Fi Settings"
under "Wireless & Networks" it says "Connection unsuccessful, touch to try again". If I "touch to try again", it takes me to Security settings with only two options. Neither related to network or wireless.

Thank you for your time reading this and let me know if you need any more information.

James

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
James - what ROM did you wind up going with? Are you trying to install the TnT G-Harmony 1.2? If so, you should be looking at a more current ROM as that one is out of date.

J

jimbolaya

Yes. The one listed in the tutorial. It's still listed in the "List of ROMs for Viewsonic G-Tablet". It seems fine to me, but I'm open to trying any newer ones.

James

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
That's fine for now, take a look and see what you are comfortable with. As far as the market fix, that should have worked. Try going to market.android.com on your PC and login to your account there. You should see all the of the apps, and it will tell you what is compatible with your device. If you device does not show yet, make sure to download and install at least one app from the tablet so the market is aware of the device.

For the security, you may not be able to login depending on what type of security is being used. some of the protocols are not supported on all ROMs. what type of authentication are you trying to do? Also, instead of going to security (not sure why the wizard takes you there), go to Settings->Wireless & networks->Wi-Fi Settings. You should be able to see your network and enter your authentication info there.