Help with NATPC M009s brightness level please!

nrandall

Jan 22, 2012
I have a NATPC M009s 7" tablet on which I have installed a brightness level app as I did with an android phone, unfortunatly I set it to 0% brightness, whereas with the phone this dims it down but is still readable with the tablet it has blanked the screen completely so I can not see the icon to adjust the brightness up so i can see it!

The android logo comes up when i power up and down but then the screen goes "blank"

I have tried reset and have done a lot of blind tapping on the screen to no avail, could anybody suggest how I can get my screen back?

All help greatfully received!

Many thanks.

Neil

Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I had the same problem (are you running the 2.3 or 2.2 version?) im running the 2.3..

After installing launcher pro, i created a power options widget, and after decresing the brightness, the backlight turns off!
This almost bricks the device and makes it unusable. The same happened (after i fixed it) when i installed a lighting app, where one setting turns off the backlight, so you can adjust it later.

The only way to fix it is to use the tablet in direct sunlight! If you really squint in good lighting (maybe you dont have bright sunshine in your area?) you might be able to see and enter settings to fix the brightness. Alternativery you could try a powerfull desk lamp, but i only fixed it with bright sunlight. I dont think the reset button fixed the problem. So if you focus on the screen, you can just about make out the homescreen...please reply if you fix it.. :)

chris

rimtro

Mar 10, 2012
Thanks a lot totally it compleately worked for me I am an android newbe and after i installed the app i was amazed until i touched the 0% level, I FREAK out and tought that I busted the device but thank to your post got it back from the DARKNESS, THANKS A LOT. I FORGOT TO MENTION, THE WAY I DID IT WAS USING A POWERFULL DESK LAMP BUT IT TOOK ME A WHILE FINIDING THE RIGHT ANGLE TO SEE THE HOMESCREEN AND A LITTLE BIT MORE OF TIME TO FIND THE APP UNTIL FINALLY GOT IT. THE KEYWORD IS PACIENCE BECAUSE YOU CAN END TROWING THE DIVICE OUT OF THE WINDOW.

RICK

Feb 22, 2012
Hey, im glad you fixed it! :)

Another, somewhat easier technique I found online is simply plugging the tablet into a tv/monitor via hdmi (after getting the mini HDMI to normal HDMI adapter) :D