Help with opening HTML files on my tablet

towntaximan

Dec 31, 2012
Hi I am new to the forum and new to tablets i havent quite got my head round the OS yet, so here goes, I want to use my tablet as a viewing station for selling Photos, i want to generate a gallery on my laptop using jalbum, and be able to view the gallery on my tablet, now here is the problem, when i open the index HTML file on my laptop it works fine, but when i find the same folder and html file on the tablet i get the message application not found,
The tablet will be connected via usb cable to the laptop and no internet access will be available.
Does anybody have any ideas how i can solve my problem Please.
Thanks
towntaximan

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If the index file is always going to be located in the same place, e.g. /mnt/sdcard/gallery/index.html, open up the browser and type the following into the address bar: file://mnt/sdcard/gallery/index.html (or alternately, file:///mnt/sdcard/gallery/index.html). That will open the page up in your browser. If you really want it to be convenient, download a browser that allows you to set your own home page, and set index.html as the home page.

towntaximan

Dec 31, 2012
Sorry i placed this request in the wrong section as i said i am new here. thanks for you response, please could you recommend a browser suitable for the application.
Many thanks Traveller1701.
towntaximan

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, there are many browsers that allow you to set the home page. I personally use Dolphin 9 with Jetpack. For your needs however, you won't need Jetpack, so don't install it.

towntaximan

Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for the help here is an update.
Dolphin will not open the file however opera mobile will, here is how it goes.
Address on laptop to find the file i wish to open is
C:\\Users\sever\Pictures\eosevents\event1\index.html opens the page in a web browser.
the address from my memory stick connected to the laptop and using the same file copied to my stick is
F:\eosevents\event1\index.html opens the page in a web browser
the address with my usb stick connected to my tablet with the cable provided and using using the file manager app already installed on the tablet is
file://localalhost/mnt/usbhost1/eosevents/event1/index.html asks which app to complete the command opera selected opens in web browser

Now with the tablet connected to my laptop using a usb cable i navigate to the folder on my laptop using ES file manager installed on my tablet and in the LAN option, the address in the address bar reads
smb:/192.168.1.113/Users/server/Pictures/eosevents/event1 when i tap the index.html i get the message sorry no application available

I have tried all different combinations in the address bar in a new opera page but cannot seem to get the right path to the index.html file. From the information above is there any clue as to the right address to type in the bar please
Once again traveller1701 thanks for you help
Cheers
towntaximan

towntaximan

Dec 31, 2012
Sorry the address from my stick connected to my tablet should read
file://localhost/mnt/Users/usbhost1/eosevents/event1/index.html
towntaximan

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
That certainly would help if the OP hasn't resolved his issue already.