Help with potential Zepad purchase

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
WOW can anyone say. RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just a lot of really big red flags go off when I saw the sight. First all the wording on the sight screams rip off, second it is eBay, third it is a cheap chines tablet.
If you want a inexpensive tablet that is actually going to do anything for the money you put in to it you need to figure on spending about 300.00 dollars, not sure how that converts to pounds or even what your markets are like these days. But if you have a Amazon UK check out this product, Amazon.com: Le Pan II 9.7-Inch Tablet (Black): Computers & Accessories
You may be able to find a seller there with a comparable price or even less. these are also chines tablets but these actually work. They get good reviews over here almost all the time.
A few bad sprinkled in here and there, but all brands have that problem.
But seriously I'd not buy the one you were asking about.

Tralf

Jan 25, 2012
I don't think that's a Zenithink C91 you are looking at on e-bay....it's some earlier model. The C91 definitely has a capacitative screen and has 8GB of built-in NAND flash, where this has just 4GB.

I bought a C91 from www.mcbub.com for £135 (including courier delivery). I was very nervous about buying from a Hong Kong-based site. But the product arrived just 6 days after I ordered it and looks to be genuine.

It arrived with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) pre-installed. There is a good side and a bad side to that. It's great to have the latest version, but currently Zenithink does not support the Flash Player on 4.0. So I am thinking of downgrading to 2.3 for the moment until they sort that out. The software for downgrading (and upgrading again) is free to download from www.zenithink.com.

Just a couple of other points to note about the C91. It has no GPS or Bluetooth built-in. That doesn't worry me, but might be important to some people. Also it only charges with the mains charger, not when it's plugged-in to a computer via USB. That might be standard for Tablets (this is the first one I have owned) but I was kinda surprised as my previous Android experience had been with phones which do charge via USB.

Apart from those small things, after 12 hours of owning it, it looks good to me.

One final point....Zenthink now make a C92 which has been designed for Android 4.0 from the start.....although I haven't found anyone selling it yet (it's just on the Zenithink web site).

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Seriously consider something a little more out of the box ready. Many of these cheap tablets require lots of add this and remove that and root here and rom there stuff before they are really usable.
Try looking in to the LePan 2 or 3 when the 3 comes out or the Vizio VTAB 1008 which is what I have and is a very nice tablet once you get the VTL Launcher installed on it from the Android Market, just 3 bucks. Or the new Vizio VTAB 3010 when it is released. Yah they cost a little but more, but when you take it out of the box and turn it on it is going to work, the market will be there and these tablets tend to have better community support than most of the cheap do nothing tablets. And I say cheap as 150.00 or less. My Vtab was 189.00 plus tax. So for a little bit more you can get a good tablet without all the headaches.

J

jimbo7630

You don't give your location but if you buy that from Jersey (C.I.) expect a customs bill unless they declare it as a £15 toy!!!!