Help with white 7" novel

blanny431

Jan 13, 2011
I dont know ANYTHING about hacking or rooting ? is this the same thing? I really dont want to start a new thread if it has been dealt with but I really dont know alot of the language...I am getting a 7" white pandigital novel tomarrow.and I hear that if you hack it the novel will have all of or many of the android features,and if this is true I really want to do it. Here is my problem....I am a complete novice at this im 54 years old but Im not completely stupid if there is a place where a guy can go for new dudes that tells you how to hack this novel will someone please tell me where it is? And I mean I am a REAL novice I have never hacked or rooted anything but I am willing to learn especially if I can get a bunch of the android things.........so please let me know I'll check back here tomarrow....and thank you very much for your help who ever you are.....Kev

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Pandigital offer an "Open Platform" version of android that turns the tablet into what is should be. There is no market, but it allows for the additon of many programs and other ereaders.

You might want to think of what you want to do with the rig when you are finished, then pick a package that suits your desire. Most of the differen firmwares also have their own failings so there again know what you want to end up with.

Introduction to the Pandigital Novel - Wiki is a wiki on the pandigital with way more information than you probably want to dig through, but it will help you know the options available etc.

I am using a firmware that was discovered a couple days ago and am quite impressed with it. It fixes some of the problems that have plagued the pandigital all along.

As above, it is a fairly simple step to change firmwares and the pandigital is fairly hard to brick (Make unuseable).

blanny431

Jan 13, 2011
well your in luck hacking this device is as easy as copying over a file to the internal sd card and then hold down volume up and power on start up. It does the rest for you, here are a couple links that might help http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/pandigital-novel/5527-app-packages-pandigital-novels.html http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6-8-20-versions-market-volume-hack-built.html make sure to look at the link in post number 10 in the second link
well this is a nightmare I think I got everything right but when I take out the internal card and put the sd card in and hold down the two buttons here is what happens....the little droid dude comes on with the progress bar and it stops puts up a rectangle shaped sign with an excalmation point in it like this ! and from there it just freezes and the only way to do anything after that is to reset it....also when i go to get online i can see where the open platform for the white pan is in the directory you know when you type in pandigital and all of the choices show up below it so you can choose what to do...well all opf that stuff is in there..... I did everythign exactly like it said but it isnt doing it right...........any suggestions? thanks for listening kev

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
blanny431- I had a PDN that refused to update via an sd card for about 2-3 flashes. I had to use the pandigital site and flash over usb. Then when the newer roms came out for some reason it started to flash from the sd cards. Check out slatedroid- they have a huge pandigital forum with lots of info. As a reader it is great. As a learning android tablet it was very good. To surf the net it was too slow for me, but it was a lot of fun. I am 52 years old and yes, you can still learn new tricks. All you need to do is your reading (several times) and follow the mod directions. If I can do it, so can you! Good luck.

lafatlife

Sep 23, 2010
Pandigital offer an "Open Platform" version of android that turns the tablet into what is should be. There is no market, but it allows for the additon of many programs and other ereaders.

You might want to think of what you want to do with the rig when you are finished, then pick a package that suits your desire. Most of the differen firmwares also have their own failings so there again know what you want to end up with.

Introduction to the Pandigital Novel - Wiki is a wiki on the pandigital with way more information than you probably want to dig through, but it will help you know the options available etc.

I am using a firmware that was discovered a couple days ago and am quite impressed with it. It fixes some of the problems that have plagued the pandigital all along.

As above, it is a fairly simple step to change firmwares and the pandigital is fairly hard to brick (Make unuseable).

Try it with the internal card in.

lazy

Jan 18, 2011
I need Help.. I download The Android to my Pandigital.. I did not take the SD Card from the Back.. How do I get my e-reader back with all my books???? Please Help me Thank you

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
As far as I know when you flash you get rid of everything. You should be able to redownload them without any problem.