Help! =(

Sexybeast23

Jan 13, 2012
I bricked my acer a100 . I have no idea how this happened at all, it was rooted and i was unfreezing apps from titanium back up so I didn't have anything frozen. I shut it off and now its just stuck at the boot start up. I don't even have a recovery mode =/

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Try a long press (30 seconds) on the power/lock button. Followed by a normal 3 second press on the power button and see if this help.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have no experiece with the A100. Have to wait for some A100 experts to come around.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
It doesn't even respond to pressing the Reset button? You know, the one you need to press with a paper clip.

sje3156

Jan 15, 2012
Dude how long have you had it and where did you get it from? If you havent had it long take it back to the store and tell them you want to swap it out for another cause yours just stopped working they wont be able to test it. Even if you have had it a while if you still got the box (which you should always keep the box to things like this) take it back to the store anyways and ask if you can just swap it out all they can say is no. This is why i always keep every little peice to my packaging all the way down to the little bread ties and im very careful with how i open everything. I buy almost everything from wal-mart cause its so easy to bring things back there without a reciept this is why i keep all the packaging so i can put everything back in just as it was when i bought it. I owned a vizio sound bar and sub ($300) for about 7 months and it started to give me trouble and guess what i had all the pakaging so boxed it up to make it look as new as possible and they swaped it out for me i told them i only had it a few weeks. wal-mart doesnt care.

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
yeah I am going to bring it back but the only issue is i dont have the box....
As long as you have the receipt that is all that matters. The will let you swap it out for a new one as long as you have the receipt. You'll get some grief over it but they will do it. And if the first walmart you goto wont, then goto another one.

sje3156

Jan 15, 2012
yeah I am going to bring it back but the only issue is i dont have the box....

Always keep the box and packaging cause you never know especially on small items such as this. Hell i still got the box to my 42" that i got a little over a year ago (i know its time to let it go) and just got a 55" and prob will hang on to that one as well. I even got boxes to stuff like a $20 iron i got 6 months ago. But like i said as long as you got all the packaging wal-mart usually will swap it out. The reciept is nice but on electronics they have a 15 day policy so a reciept does no good after that but if u have all th packaging you can just say i lost the reciept but i just bought it. wal-mart is the best ;) I wish you luck on the return i hope all goes well....