Hey All

miken22

Dec 29, 2012
Hey folks,

My names Mike and I'm a computer science student in BC, Canada. I've been really indecisive on what platform(s) I wanted to focus my development on but over the holiday's I got a Nexus 7. I started writing simple programs for it as soon as I got it and got hooked instantly, the ADK along with Eclipse makes it really easy to dive in and start a project. The tools the android dev's provide you with make it an amazingly dynamic system to develop on, and I'm hoping with their tools, some other resources, and online communities that I'll become a stronger developer. Looking forward to talking with everyone in the community and getting feedback to help my skills to grow.

Cheers!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Mike, congratulations on your new Nexus 7 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I think your choice of tablet is an excellent one for your purposes, and you won't be disappointed there. As your skills grow, I'm hoping to see you helping others whenever you can.:) Enjoy that new tablet and the forum!

miken22

Dec 29, 2012
Thanks guys, so far I'm really impressed with how the tablet performs and the way the android os performs. I first had an android phone when they came out in 08 (with the HTC Hero on 1.5 - 2.0) but I found I was having a lot of problems with the functionality and performance and eventually switched to an iPhone (boooo). But ever since I heard about the OUYA I became determined to learn how android works so I can be competent when I pick up a dev kit. I think their platform would provide an amazing way to get into game development, and I'd really like to meet up with some like minded people who would be interested in getting involved as well.