Hey There!

Jon_M

Nov 5, 2012
Hey androidtablet.net members! New here. Just browsing around for a few days and decided to finally join.

I recently purchased my first tablet. It is a 10.1" IRULU google tablet. I researched quite a bit before decided on that device. I chose it over a few others I was looking at because of the big screen size, and the multiple port options like 2x usb ports, ethernet port, etc.

So far I'm super happy with the tablet. Had a few issues with it when purchased, but to be honest I sort of expected that from a Chinese manufacturer, and for that price. Simple stuff that really doesn't bother me. Only one of the two usb ports seems to be responsive, the stylus was jammed into the device so hard it doesn't come out, and they sent me the wrong head phones. However the last one isn't a tablet issue really. Maybe I'll figure out the usb and stylus at a later time, but for now 1 usb port is all I really need, and I like using my finger of the stylus anyhow. So I'm okay with it.

So as far as what I'm interested in on the forums, I'm totally new to android OS. So I wanted to check out more useful apps and tricks, maybe a few new games (I really love angry birds and see what the addiction is all about!), and am interested in reading more about rooting. However I've read some already and don't see the huge benefit. I seem to really get everything I wanted(or expected) out of my tablet as is, so I'm pretty happy with it.

Main things I'm currently doing with my device is reading my comics, playing angry birds, internet browsing, and doing music via google play. Anyhow, that's all I got. Nice to meet yall and ook forward to partaking in some of the discussion and learning. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Jon, congratulations on your new Irulu tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you finally did decide to join us here at Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there. It's nice to hear you're happy with your tablet and it's doing the things you want to do. For you, rooting your tablet would just be looking for trouble without a good reason. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

Jon_M

Nov 5, 2012
Hey Jon, congratulations on your new Irulu tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you finally did decide to join us here at Android Tablets. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there. It's nice to hear you're happy with your tablet and it's doing the things you want to do. For you, rooting your tablet would just be looking for trouble without a good reason. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

Thanks! Yeah, I've already looked around the Q&A some. :) You'd think at the price and specs a lot of people would have these tablets, hens a lot of questions or even issues. Maybe we'll see a specific section for this device in the future. I almost went with a nexus or kindle fire but the accessibility with the extra ports and screen size turned me off the extra cash. I've even seen two fire 7" tablets recently that I didn't even know two co workers owned and I remember thinking (wow, no way I could read on that w/ the 3" screen size difference) Real happy with my decision. Yeah, after a bit of research on rooting that's the conclusion I came to as well.

Congrats on the new tab and welcome aboard!!

Thanks smalltowngirl13! :D

Last edited: