Hi everyone

emberto1946

Nov 4, 2012
Good day to one and all.

I am new to the forum and new to tablets, in fact I don't have one yet which is why I am here.

I am a retired engineer, reasonably computer literate, who is fortunate enough to have a Son who is extremely competent and gets me out of trouble regularly.

Why do I want a tablet? Well, now that I am an 'oldie' who has retired and has the time to do the things he didn't have time before, I can take more holidays.

A caravanner for over 30 years I have just come back from 4 weeks round France and Spain. Thoroughly good time but spolied by not being able to keep in touch with the kids and grandkids as easily as I would have liked. WiFi doesn't appear to be as common in Europe as it is here in the UK and carting a laptop around trying to find a signal got a bit tedious. Everyone else seemed to have a tablet, of some sort or other but mainly iPads.

I'm not an Apple fan so started looking around on the internet and WOW!!!, what a choice there is! So I thought "where can I get some help?", so here I am.

A couple of other factors pushed me down the tablet route. Firstly we ran out of reading material whilst we were away and second-hand bookshops in Spain don't have English books. Also my wife has quite a collection of Audio Books that she inherited. I put them onto CD's as MP3 files and she plays them on a 'ghetto blaster' type CD player (she doesn't like headphones so won't have an MP3 player.

So, a Kindle?? But that won't double as a laptop for me and will not play her MP3's. Many tablets don't have speakers. The only thing I have decided on is that it will have to be a 10" model because of my big clumsy fingers. My budget? Well, I'm a pensioner whose pension has been stolen by the government so around £150 tops and preferable nearer to £100.

I am liking this: Sanei N10 Four Core CPU, 10.1 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet with Freescale IMX6Q Quad Core CPU, Dual Camera but know nothing about the Chinese tablets and issues like backup, warranty etc?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mike

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. I think they'll be able to help you find what you're looking for. Good luck!

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!
Personally, i think a tablet with bulit-in 3G will be a better choice for you. you can take a look at the Pipo M3 3G version. it comes with android 4.1 jelly bean, RK3066 dual core, dual camera, built-in bluetooth, and Built-in 3G...
If the built-in 3G is not necessary, then, lots of other 9.7/10.1 inch dual core tablets are all good choices, like Zenithink C97, Ployer Momo 11 Speed Edition, Cube U19GT...
hope you can find what you want! :)

didobuy

Oct 10, 2012
Hi Mike,

We just posted our review of the Sanei N10 quad-core in the reviews section, check it out.

We give a 1 year warranty on all our tablets and a 7day money back guarantee, so you get a week to see if the tablet suits you.

Just to give a bit of advice though, if the campsites you're staying at don't have wifi then you'll need 3G. The choice from then on is whether the tablet has a SIM card slot or not. All tablets in your budget will support a 3G dongle via the USB port, but the ones with SIM card slots mean you don't have to remember/worry about your dongle.

Either of these tablets would probably cover your requirements (but don't have a SIM slot):
CUBE U30GT 10 INCH TABLET PC ROCKCHIP RK3066 DUAL CORE 1.6GHz CPU ANDROID 4.1 JELLY BEAN
WINDOW (YUANDAO) N101 10.1" DUAL CORE CORTEX A9 1.6GHz ANDROID 4.1 TABLET PC

I can also vouch for them being almost impossible to crash or upset.

We're based in Slough, About Us , if you want to try the tablets out or give us a ring and we'll help you answer any questions you've got.