Hi from a Newbie

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
Hi I am from Wales in the U.K. Both me and my husband are retired and our main hobby is touring with our caravan. With this in mind my husband recently bought two 10.2 Super Android Pads to use while we are away from home. It would save me taking my 17in laptop which is a bit bulky.

We were going away for 10 days Thursday before the August bank holiday, but delayed leaving for two days as the two pads had not arrived. We picked them up from the sorting office the morning we left. When we did open the boxes up and turn them on his works o.k. but mine just has a blank white backlite screen. He contacted the seller Sunday night (as soon as we came home) and his reply today was to leave it on charge over night. Not sure what this is going to achieve but I have done as directed.

To us it looks like there is no OS on the pad to run it. I have tried pressing the tiny reset button, nothing just the bright white screen. The pad came with a backup recovery cd, so I have followed the instructions, copied the two files to a mini sd card. Inserted the card into the pad and turned it on, but all that happens is a brief view of the bright white screen and then it goes off.

Any suggestions as to what can be wrong please?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Neries, welcome to the forum and congratulations on one of your two new tablets. As for the second tablet, I would return it. You've already gone beyond what you should have to do in order to get a new product working properly. Should you wish to pursue a solution further, I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Q&A section where someone may have additional suggestions for getting the second tablet to work. Good luck!

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
Thanks Spider.

The faulty Android Pad has at last been returned after them saying to charge it up over night, then wanting photos and again trying the recovery process. Nothing worked, just the white backlite screen.

My dear husband has not got his working one out of the box since first trying it out. Think he feels guilty that his works and mine does not. :eek:

I am waiting impatiently for a replacement. They have been slow to reply all the time. :(

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
Still waiting for London Android Pad on Ebay to send a replacement. :mad:

Monday he agreed a replacement as he had new stock in. I sent the original back insured signed for Royal Mail, which he received at 8.am Tuesday morning. Wednesday he emailed my husband and said he was sending one out, then this morning another email he is sending it out today. I am really fed up with him and we would not buy from him again. His customer service is terrible.

I am just hoping he has not repaired the faulty Pad and is sending it back out as with my luck it would fail again. :(

So much for his claims of:
Dispatches items quickly
Has earned a track record of excellent service

Last edited:

Neries

Sep 5, 2011
The replacement pad arrived on the Friday. The seller told me in an email that it was a new replacement.

It looks the same as my husband's but it's not quite the same. When he turns his on a blue android figure appears with a white rotating cloud around it until the home page appears. Mine has first a green android figure, then the word android until the home page appears. This is the same as my son's who has an earlier 8gb pad.

Mine is difficult to scroll up and down the screen. The wifi is slow unless I sit next to our home router. I notice there are downloads in the Super Pad section of this forum, but have no idea how to install them.