Hi, I'm new and maybe you guys can help me..

QuaqueNocte

May 5, 2013
So, I'm a pretty techy girl. I do enjoy reading about tablets and phones and other devices, anything Android related and whatnot. I'm from the east coast and I don't currently have a tablet yet but plan on getting one soon (The Ainol Elf hopefully). I've bought other people tablets though, my mom and my younger sister. Now I'm planning on getting a tablet for my grandmother since she'd be the only person in the house (besides me) who doesn't have one. Do any of you have any recommendations for a tablet under $80 that has a battery life good enough to watch two movies on (so about 4 hours) without needing to be charged?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi QuaqueNocte, welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

QuaqueNocte

May 5, 2013
Hi QuaqueNocte, welcome to the forum, nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

Thanks! I've came here as a guest quite a few times to find out information and whatnot and thought today "Why not join. These people seem pretty friendly and helpful."

Glocker

May 6, 2013
I'm new too, and have issues with the cheapos. No Google Play. Trying to remedy that, if possible.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Glocker, congratulations on your new Coby MID7064 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Hopefully, someone will reply to your post in the Coby forum and help you get Google Play on that tablet of yours. Enjoy the forum and your tablet!

Glocker

May 6, 2013
Hi Glocker, congratulations on your new Coby MID7064 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Hopefully, someone will reply to your post in the Coby forum and help you get Google Play on that tablet of yours. Enjoy the forum and your tablet!
Thankyou, Spider. The root didn't work. Info was for a 7015. No big deal, as a Galaxy Note will be here soon.

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
I bought the D2 PAD Internet Tablet from Big Lots last weekend. VERY new in learning it, but I too, was wondering about Google Play. My suggestion is not to be too worried about it. I have found out that between Amazon apps download and 1 Mobile Market, I think you will have pretty much all you need. It has email with settings for multiple accounts (I use 2 at the moment) Downloaded Google Maps and not only does it work with street addresses, but also has GPS as well. Things I have installed are Skype, Google Maps, Full browser Facebook, Amazon Kindle for Android (and it now has all the book I have in my collection as a selection. All I needed to do is click an individual book and it's added. Downloaded an eReader for my wife that has ability to read her eBooks formats. I have Chrome, Firefox, iHeart radio, .... all I was looking for. Plus I put in a 16GB SD Micro card and have a lot of the download stuff on there. Plays both FLV and MPG4 and other movies as well. I transferred some of my videos from You-Tube into the SD card and now I can play when when not at home. Camera and mic for recording pic or movie as well as Skype. I downloaded Fox News and now I can get the latest news. Weather app so I can see what is going on in the way of weather.

It picks up local wi-fi perfectly, and will switch to the one that is best.

Mine is the D2-912 with the 9 inch screen and has G positioning, meaning if you hold it landscape or portrait it auto changes. I also found out yesterday that while I have it plugged into the USB port on my computer it not only allows me to move files, delete files etc from PC to Tablet, but it also charges the battery as well.

I think once you mess with it a bit, and especially someone who is more "Android" savvy than me, that it will surprise you, and for the price of under $100 .

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes the D2pad is a great tablet for the price, most people just ditch the tablet, cause the tablet doesn't include playstore, playstore could be added but simply not needed there are other stores as you pointed out, that work just as well, and no modifying the tablet is required.

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
I read that it doesn't have Google play..Do you have any other recommendations that have Google play?

Vampirepo makes a lot of sense. The apps I have used AND downloaded and installed provide a LOT of use from this tablet without the risk of making it usless by modifiying it incorrectly. 1 Market and Amazon store provided lots of apps, like Google Maps, Kindle for Android (even have my books on it from my PC), Full browser Facebook, Weather (local and more), Chrome and Fire Fox browsers, iHeart radio stations (as well as apps to find TONS of radio stations). Plays just about any movie format I've thrown at it and able to copy any of my FLV or MPG4 video files from my computer to it and watch it by merely touching the video name. I can get email on 2 accounts I have set up and could get more if I set up more of my email accounts. Browse and watch You Tube videos or anywhere on the internet. Plus a whole lot more I don't need, so why bog it down with stuff I would not use? For what I paid, it is a slick little unit that adapts to the 3 standards of the wi-fi internally b, g, and the new "n" wi-fi which, if that is being transmitted is faster than the g. Only thing I think is sorely lacking on it is a decent camera with lens on both sides. As it is, the lens is on the screen side for Skype (which I also downloaded and installed)

With SOOO many apps available in the sources one can easily get along without Google Play... my opinion for What I'ts Worth.

ebellking

Apr 14, 2012
So, I'm a pretty techy girl. I do enjoy reading about tablets and phones and other devices, anything Android related and whatnot. I'm from the east coast and I don't currently have a tablet yet but plan on getting one soon (The Ainol Elf hopefully). I've bought other people tablets though, my mom and my younger sister. Now I'm planning on getting a tablet for my grandmother since she'd be the only person in the house (besides me) who doesn't have one. Do any of you have any recommendations for a tablet under $80 that has a battery life good enough to watch two movies on (so about 4 hours) without needing to be charged?

hi QuaqueNocte,
welcome to this tablet, and you are so filial to buy tablet for other people in your family. As the cheapest tablet, you could take the 7" A13 into consideration. Hope to help you.