Hi!

hahanimal

Nov 9, 2011
Hi

Just thought I'd post an into since I have developed a sudden and unexpected love of tablets.

I have a flytouch 1 (vibes when turned on, black headphone jack, green power/red charge light) which is now running honeycomb v9 which I updated myself (not that that's anything special but it's my first tablet and screwing with it gave me the fear)

Had some teething troubles with the thing, charger provided when I bought it was a selectable power charger which was on the wrong setting and I thought it had fried the battery but the new charger worked perfectly. The lack of working app market (it worked for a day then started saying there was no internet connection) and other general issues prompted me to try a firmware update and I am so glad I did, honeycomb is awesome.

Still need to find a way to watch youtube on it but once I wrestle it back off the wife (she's addicted to farm frenzy) I'll be poking that problem with a stick.

In total have spent £60, 50 for the flytouch and 10 for the charger which for what it can do is a bargain, the fact it works at all since I bought it off a random bloke on facebook is pretty surprising.

Due to the demand around my house for the thing (which is crazy as everyone has their own laptop) I'm thinking about buying another tablet or two, just unsure about which kind to get or where is best to buy from, advice is welcome :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Sounds like you've been doing very well with it having gotten it for a good price and managing to get Honeycomb on it already. I'm glad you decided to become a member of the forum and wish you continued good luck with your tablet. It also sounds like you're ready to start helping folks out. That's what makes this whole forum thing work, you get help when you need it and give help when you can. Have fun out there on the forum.:cool: