Hi

elektros

Jan 5, 2012
I've posted in a few threads already.

I've had a 7" Cruz T301 since November. It's a bit of an oddity, because it has a MIPS CPU, not ARM, only 528 MHz, but dual core. As I've since discovered, some apps are compiled using the Android SDK and run on any supported hardware, and some are compiled using the Android NDK and only run on devices that use ARM CPUs, i.e. the latter won't run (actually they won't even install) on my tablet! Things that won't install include the Nook app and the eBay app, and apparently there's nothing that can be done about it.

The T301 has already been replaced now by the PS47, which has a 1.2 GHz single core ARM CPU and Android 2.3 (whereas I have 2.2), plus it has a camera and mine doesn't. If I had waited and got that I could get Nook books and not just Kindle and ePub books, but computers are like busses, there's another one along every five minutes. The next model after the PS47 was shown at CES as the T507, which will have Android 4.0 running on a 1.5 GHz chip. So the model that has replaced mine (and mine is only 5 months old) is itself already obsolete.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi elektros and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Glad that Cruz with the broken screen lasted long enough for you to introduce yourself.:eek: Have fun out there and enjoy the forum.