Hibernation -> Brick. Any ideas?

mrluck

Apr 4, 2011
Hi!

I've just received my MID/Gome Flytouch tablet (green LED, red while charging, no vibration during start, build WMT 2.1.2_105). I played around with it for an hour - maybe two. Even _before_ I started thinking about flashing it I decided to try the hibernation option (instead of turning it off completely). It seems it was a big mistake.
Now the tab became completely unresponsive. The only thing I can do is to plug the charger in - that results in turning the red LED on. Whet I press the power button - nothing happens - even no green LED blinking.
Did I just kill my new toy? Is the hibernation option so dangerous (I've gone through couple of threads and many people complain about it)? If so - why the hell did they put it inside?
And of course - is there any chance of unbricking my device or should I just start thinking about transforming it into a fancy mirror? I tried reflashing it but it won't help since there is absolutely no response from the power button. I tried pressing and holding the button but that resulted only in pain in my finger...
Best regards.
Lucas

Apr 26, 2011
From your decription I think you have done everything right. The next step is to contact the seller for help before you try to open it up.

If you do open it (voiding any warrenty) you should try unplugging the battery for about a minuite, then plugging it back in (without the charger plugged in). It may start up as normal. If not, unplug the battery again and try the startup with the charger pugged in. If there is any responce, it's probibly a bad battery (in a new tablet without a warrenty).

Good Luck