Hipstreet HS-7DB2-4GB Nova2

terryxing

Feb 29, 2012
Hey guys,

I managed to grab one of these for free, and was playing with it, and I got the Price is Right music yesterday when I rebooted it.

Does anyone have any information on this thing? I get the white triangle with blue exclamation point as well as a blue little droid. As cute as the guy is, I'd much rather have the OS boot. Is there a firmware copy or way to reload this device? I'm pretty new to android, but I had no issue rooting the device, and I was good with it for a few days, but after loading busybox and the android market, then it died after reboot. Hipstreet technical support were as useful as you would expect for a small group.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Intro.
I play with stuff! I dont mind a bit of a misstep.
I have been living in the walled garden for a while, and have a bunch of apple stuff (laptop, iPad, iPhone, iPods etc)
And I'm canadian...zzz

Double edit. Calling tech support puts you through to Coby first, then Hipstreet. Dunno if this helps or not.

Last edited:

Parry

Apr 8, 2012
Hi. I am not at all impreesed with this device. It comes with SlideMe Market and there are none of the Apps in there that I want. Not oven Skype or You Tube. I tried installing Google Play Store and it does not work on it. Battery does not last long enough and display and speed sucks.

cobyboy

Jan 23, 2012
When searching for info for my HipStreet Vektor I found info on the Nova II. The user said he updated to ICS 4.0 and that the Nova II is actually a chinese tablet called the LY-F1. He claimed that the Nova II is much faster and smoother running with the upgrade.