Hiya Folks

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
Hello everybody (best Dr. Nick impression),

I'm not new to Android, but I am new to the concept of Android being on a tablet. I started out with a Motorola Droid from Verizon running their updated 2.2.1 version. I was planning on getting a NOOKColor, but I was uneasy with Android being the base of that device, but not the primary interface. So; for the same price I'm trying to find an Android Tablet that will do the job.

So; far the Superpad 10.2" looks awesome, but I think the 10.2" screen is skewing my judgement. So; hopefully I'll be able to find some good advise from trolling this forum. ;)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the forums! Hopefully you will find answers to your questions here. IMHO, you can get a great Android Tablet and the Nook App works a treat on any of them, but don't be fooled, there is nothing skimpy on the Android OS on the Nooks. It is rock solid, really the only thing you give up there are some of the hardware features (camera, gps, etc). Keep in mind, the Nook is one of the very first to have a 3.0 build, so that says a ton for the device and user base.

FergatROn

Feb 7, 2011
I wasn't aware that the hardware was 3.0 compatible ... that does say a lot. I'm embarrassed to say but I didn't think I'd be able to buy a NOOK just for the hardware. Knowing that is pretty cool. Thanks.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App