Homescreeen Replacements (Launcher apps)

TechieK

Jun 10, 2011
I recently purchased a Huawei S7 Slim from Best Buy. Since this is my first "real" Android Tablet (I don't count the Craig that I gave to my wife) I wanted to give it the same flexibility as my LG Android phone.

One of the first things I did was add Launcher Pro. Once I reset my tablet it locked up. I was clueless as to how to get the screen to respond, so back to Best Buy it went. They replaced the tablet without problem. So armed with my second tablet, I hit the net to find resources. I came across this site and started reading posts.

My device is now rooted and I've installed ADB, QtADB and Titanium Backup. I then downloaded Launcher Pro again from the Market. The result was the same, however because I installed QtADB I was able to uninstall the launcher app and the tablet rebooted without problem.

Does anyone know of a Launcher app that works or a workaround? I thought once the tablet was rooted I would be able to over-ride all the built-in crap. I was obviously wrong.

Looking for any help those who are more seasoned can provide.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
I use ADW...
18d8d6cf-0bff-ae65.jpg
18d8d6cf-0c63-ef54.jpg

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I thought Home replacements didn't work with s7-unless you were rooted or something. Do any of the home replacements work with stock?

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum