honeycomb 3.2.1 native browser options reset

bibi_50

Jan 23, 2012
Hello.

I am a beginner in the Android world, and I made a mistake when using it...

It's on a PB Liberty Tab (same as ACER Iconia A500) within Honeycomb 3.2.1:

When using the default browser (chrome??) I was searching for an option to have 'full screen' browsing, without menus or adress bar.

I found it, and activate it. ( I saw a small popup probably about de-activation of this option, BUT I didn't read it !)

NOW I AM "freezed" with a nice full screen browser, and I am NOT able to go back, ie showing again Menus and navigation toolbars...
Si I am stucked with the same page, (until I use the favorite icons on the widget page)

What can I do to recover default behavior of the browser ??

( full hardware reset is an option, but I suppose in that case I lost all my installed Apps ??)

Last edited:

mamawm

Dec 24, 2011
go into settings>applications>manage applications>browser and clear data and cache. if that doesn't do it for you a factory data reset is in order. just make sure to first go into settings>privacy and check back up my data and automatic restore. then just for good measure go to settings>account & sync and uncheck google and then recheck (this will force an immediate sync to google). also if you have any photos or such you should transfer them to computer first as they will be wiped. now you are ready for the factory reset and all your apps will come back, all you will have to do is reset your wallpaper and resetup homescreens.

mamawm

Dec 24, 2011
just realized something, the factory reset after syncing to google might remember your browser setting and reset it up like you now have it. please let me know how it goes, i'll help you get back to the way you want to be.

bibi_50

Jan 23, 2012
hi,

It works well ;)

i did what you said:
setting/program/browser and clear cache and data.

i added a full stop / restart

and it's ok now.

kind regards

moonyrockz

Mar 3, 2013
go into settings>applications>manage applications>browser and clear data and cache. if that doesn't do it for you a factory data reset is in order. just make sure to first go into settings>privacy and check back up my data and automatic restore. then just for good measure go to settings>account & sync and uncheck google and then recheck (this will force an immediate sync to google). also if you have any photos or such you should transfer them to computer first as they will be wiped. now you are ready for the factory reset and all your apps will come back, all you will have to do is reset your wallpaper and resetup homescreens.

I've been searching all over the place for this also and finally came upon your response. Thank you so so very much mamawm! Just FYI I just registered here and used your name as referral. Not sure if that gets you anything but what the heck :)

Joannie