honeycomb parts for coby kyros (tweaks, wallpaper, power rooted apps)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
197579_10150121500767949_579882948_6678530_1612341_n.jpg

This is what I've used on my ROM MODs but they have been ported over to the COBY KYROS. Instead of making a Rooted ROM which you can with the enclosed package if you need be. But I've given you all you need to make the tablet run as fast as you can get out of it! Enjoy what I enjoy daily. Make the battery last as long as the next day. Free up Memory and Space. (Depends how you set it up). I had rooted mine the old fashion way so that is included but for those who use third-party ROM you can still use this to get some features of of your tablet.

Use the link below to access the package it will explain more.

Found here

Last edited:

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
The file is labeled "Coby_Tweaks_2011.7z" Should that be .7zip? As it is the system does not recognize the file and was not able to open at all

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
Ok, I opened it, and copied it over, but I am not REALLY understanding,
"Open dock launcher" ??

CONFIGURATION TWEAKS

Open DOCK Launcher

Select Android Assistant
Select Quick Boost
Select Menu
Select Settings
Select Auto Boost
Select Auto Boost Freq to 10 minutes
Select Okay
Select Process
Select Calander and Power xxx
Select Kill Selected
Select Tools
Select Save Battery Settings
Unselect GPS
Unselect Enable GPS again on Android System Settings will appear
Back out
Change Brightness to 50%
Change OutTime to 10 minutes
Back Out

Select Volume Control
First Two set to 0%
Media Volume 88% or Higher
Second Two set to 0%
System Volume 91% or Higher
Select Okay

Startup Manager
Select System
Select items to Kill = Calendar, Calendar Storage, (Gmai optional), Google Talk Service, Maps
Back Out

PowerControl Task Bar (on bottom)
Select Wireless (turns from gray (off) to blue (on)
Back out

Select CacheMate
Select Close
Select Clear
Select Allow

Select WiFi Buddy
Select Preferences
Select Wi-Fi Sleep Policy
Select Never
Back out

Select Settings
Select Locale & Text
Select your Locale
Back out

Select Wireless
Select turn on Wireless
Make your changes
Back out

Select your Dock Box
Select Market and setup that up now
After you finish with Market

EXTRA CONFIGURATION SETTINGS

Android Optimizer is included If any app is being loaded into memory you can kill and block that app from loading at startup.

....The rest is for another tablet.....

Last edited by a moderator:

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
This is what I've used on my ROM MODs but they have been ported over to the COBY KYROS. Instead of making a Rooted ROM which you can with the enclosed package if you need be. But I've given you all you need to make the tablet run as fast as you can get out of it! Enjoy what I enjoy daily. Make the battery last as long as the next day. Free up Memory and Space. (Depends how you set it up). I had rooted mine the old fashion way so that is included but for those who use third-party ROM you can still use this to get some features of of your tablet.

Use the link below to access the package it will explain more.

Found here

This needs a real explanation of what this is. The link does not tell what it is other than wallpapers and "power tweaks". I will wait for someone else to give it a spin.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
After Rooted this is what I use also made some direct changes uses advance techniques. The file is simple.

Download
Unzip using 7zip (opensource found here)
Inside the main folder you have 3 folders copy everything to your sdcard.
One for HoneyComb Wallpaper there is an app in there that needs to be installed on your Coby
Two If you want LiveWallpaper you have a folder for that
Three 17 Rooted Power Tools included These are what I use. Two Android ones need to be ran and configured. Use these to recover ROM and block apps from running.
Tweak sheet
Just follow it

Not that complex

Pest Control app can be found here
After you Root Patch can be found here this will improve the system and get rid of pest and browser thus speeding up the browser
[Patch] Beta TC21 ACADEV 2/26/11

I'll be working on my own ROM MOD for HoneyComb which is ported over from 3 different tablets I support since last year til now.
Features my own type of docker which uses less RAM thus increase in RAM. You can still have your fancy cake and be happy too I say!

Google Prototype 1 P2 Slightly different for Coby ROM features all above built-in. Just would tweak it some more that's about it.
195927_10150115301832949_579882948_6624251_7555100_n.jpg

Last edited:

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
After Rooted this is what I use also made some direct changes uses advance techniques. The file is simple.

Download
Unzip using 7zip (opensource found here)
Inside the main folder you have 3 folders copy everything to your sdcard.
One for HoneyComb Wallpaper there is an app in there that needs to be installed on your Coby
Two If you want LiveWallpaper you have a folder for that
Three 17 Rooted Power Tools included These are what I use. Two Android ones need to be ran and configured. Use these to recover ROM and block apps from running.
Tweak sheet
Just follow it

Not that complex

Pest Control app can be found here
After you Root Patch can be found here this will improve the system and get rid of pest and browser thus speeding up the browser
[Patch] Beta TC21 ACADEV 2/26/11

I'll be working on my own ROM MOD for HoneyComb which is ported over from 3 different tablets I support since last year til now.
Features my own type of docker which uses less RAM thus increase in RAM. You can still have your fancy cake and be happy too I say!

Google Prototype 1 P2 Slightly different for Coby ROM features all above built-in. Just would tweak it some more that's about it.
195927_10150115301832949_579882948_6624251_7555100_n.jpg
All right, this makes way more sense. If you downloaded it last night (3/15/11), redownload it today. Last nights download was a folder just full of stuff none of which made any sense with the description. The one this morning is exactly as described. I am still unsure if I will install any of it but at least I know what it is.

Bill

Danger

Mar 15, 2011
what type of tablet were you able to put honeycomb on again? And how well does it run?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
This isn't honeycomb. It's some wallpapers and root utilities that may or may not help performance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
what type of tablet were you able to put honeycomb on again? And how well does it run?
Sorry, I should have mentioned this. This has some honeycomb backgrounds and nothing else. The apps are not honeycomb related. There is a nice selection of file explorers and tools.

Bill

Danger

Mar 15, 2011
I have tried emailing and asking coby if the would be coming out with an update for the MID 7015 and i haven't had a response from them. One might think that they are wanting this product to die. The update i mean is to Android 2.2.

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tweaks are under the Power folder which I use there is about 17 of them. You really only need two with the Android in the wordings. The wallpaper is for you to use if you want Honeycomb that can be use as one of your backgrounds or have the automate program run it for you. Not going to slow the tablet down. I have it running on a Coby and Craig as I type this. This would be the same package if it was a Mod ROM. Which will be out later this month by me. I've know it's been delayed. Patch is also part of a ROM I was working on for this MOD. If you got it your tablet Rooted then everything will work on that I've released.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010

The above will be for Coby except for the camera, home, menu icons.. WiFi, Battery and Volume would be used. Docker box is my own creation. It working for months now. No issues.
Right now I am testing OC on the Coby and Craig to see how it works. I got the Coby benchmark now at 857 prior I could only get 814.

Last edited: