How can I remove the 4 blank home screens on my Trio tablet?

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
I have searched everywhere and even called Trio how to do this, needless to say they didn't know. So then I called Google, they didn't know either and blamed the manufacturer for changing things so the redundant screens can't be removed. BTW these screens are on either side of my home screen, two on the right and two on the left of it.

I have tried all the motions like pinching, swiping, long tap, tap and hold etc. and nothing will budge those bleeding screens. Google also advised against installing a 3rd party launcher as it may cause unexpected results. So I guess I'm stuck with them unless someone here knows the answer.

Thank you in advance!

"ES"

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If I remember correctly a couple of screens are there by default but pinching one of them should display all the screens if possible and allow you to ditch one or more of them.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
I'm curious as to why a third party launcher would cause problems?
That's generally the first thing I add to a new device.

ES44AC8102

May 26, 2015
If I remember correctly a couple of screens are there by default but pinching one of them should display all the screens if possible and allow you to ditch one or more of them.

Thanks leeshor,

But as I say I've tried pinching ( works on my phone so I am aware of what it looks like )long tap, hold, drag, to no avail. Most I can get it to do is make the inside of the extra window turn a brighter blue, but that's all it seems to do.

I've put up with it this long it's not the end of the world, just annoying :(

Thanks guys!

"ES"