How do I do a hard reset

joshuasnow

Jan 3, 2013
On Dec 26th my son turned his Nextbook 7 inch Android Tablet off after playing with it and when he turned it back on, it won't go past the start up screen. I have tried pushing the reset button but when I insert the pin it just feels like hard plastic or something, there isn't a "button" in there to push. I've been trying to get info on how to do a hard reset on it but no luck....When you turn it on the screen comes up with a quote from Abe Lincoln, then the screen blinks and the same quote comes up, then it changes to the screen with Nextbook in the upper left corner and a picture of a woman listening to headphones on the right side. It will not go past this screen. I tried to register it so I can call for tech support but it asks for the kernel version and a build number....I can't get this info because it won't boot up for me to get to it. Can anyone help PLEASE? My poor baby just got it for Christmas and then just the next day is when all this happened so he hasn't been able to enjoy it while he's out of school for the holidays. Thank you anyone who will just try to help us out!:confused:

Matty364

Jan 13, 2014
Have you got an answer to your problem? I have the same tablet that I received for Xmas, and it put all my stuff on it and now I cant retrieve any of the info. It just sits there loading for hours and nothing. Anyone with any help i would apreciate! I tired holding down the power button with the volume up key. Nothing happens! There is no reset in the mic like it says in the owners manual.

Mark2

Jan 9, 2014
Try while turning on, select volume up and then power, hold power for 5-7 seconds and let go without releasing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-Ir-stVL8

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi joshua, congratulations on your new Nextbook and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Since you did nothing, like trying to modify the tablet, to cause this problem, my first suggestion would be return it. If that's not possible, try Mark's suggestion for resetting it. If that doesn't work, thry some of the things suggested in this thread to see if one works for your tablet. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi to you as well Matty, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Obviously, the same advice I gave joshua would apply to your situation. Good luck!