How Do I Download Pictures From My Camera?

bronsin

Apr 15, 2012
I have connected my camera to the tablet using the USB port. The tablet doesnt seem to recognize the camera, like my PC does.

Can I download pictures right from the camera?

Help I dont know what to do and there are no instructions.

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Most tablets don't recognize cameras. If your camera uses an SD card slot you can put a micro SD card in an SD card adapter and use that in your camera. Then you can remove the micro SD card from the camera and insert it into the tablet to get the pictures.

jjjhug

Dec 17, 2012
for me tring to find a cord that went into my camera and android was nearly impossible. I'm sure they probably have one, but I din't have the time or patince to track one down. What I ended up to doing is buying a wifi camera. I downloaded the mobilelink app onto my android, turned my camera on wifi and was able to transfer photos from my samsung wifi camera to my android tablet with no problem.

HuttonFrank

Apr 13, 2014
Doesn't help me. My Samsung camera isn't WiFi and doesn't have a card. Memory is built in I think. I want to do this on holiday. I don't have a PC on holiday, just a Tablet!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Frank, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. It sounds as though your only option would be to try to find a cable that can connect your tablet to your camera. Your tablet might recognize the camera and allow you to download your pictures to it. One of the free OTG checker apps here should indicate whether it's at all possible or not, but there's no guarantee it would work with your camera. https://play.google.com/store/search?q=OTG&c=apps