How do I replace Micro SD Card?

jodyberry

Dec 13, 2011
When hooking up to PC via USB, I notice all the files, including system files are on the included 2GB Micro SD Card.

So if I replace it with a larger card, do I have to somehow copy all the system files over to the new card? I guess I thought those types of files would reside internally on the tablet, NOT on the SD Card.

Hopefully someone can educate me!! I will be purchasing a larger Micro SD Card today!!

Thanks all...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but the system files are not on the removable SD card. Take the card out of the tablet and put it into your PC, that way you'll see what's on it. When you get that new card, make sure it's a class 4 or higher and if you need one to put the card into your PC, get one that comes with an adapter.

jodyberry

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks! I pulled the card out and just viewed the card on my PC and saw what you're talking about!

Any tips on what I should copy over? (besides the obvious video, audio and photo files)?

Thanks again...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Again, I not sure what else may be on the card. To be safe, I'd copy everything on the old one to the new one. It must heve gotten on the old card for some reason, maybe it's data for your apps or something.

jodyberry

Dec 13, 2011
fu02sm.jpg

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Install the new SD card without putting anything in it and see if your tablet is generating these files onto it. Some of those files are from another source. Such as the DCIM folder, that is a photo fiolder generated from a digital camera. Some of these folders may have come preloaded on the sd card. Is this a used device you bought second hand? If not, is this a sd card you used elsewhere before putting it in the tablet?

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Several look like they're data for your apps and others do look like files generated by the tablet. I would copy everything to a backup folder on your PC and then copy everything in the folder to the new card. Don't rename anything you don't recognize as something you created. If you decide not to copy something, don't delete it from the backup folder on the PC in case it's a necessary file.

jodyberry

Dec 13, 2011
Thanks SPider! Nope, everything is stock from Le Pan (except for a few installed apps).

Thanks again for the quick reply! Off to get a bigger card!