How do I stop Android from auto-killing an app?

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
Im talking about this. if I am playing a game and go to my home screen or some other apps android stops the app from running in the background after some time to save memory or something. I want to stop that to keep certain apps I open and run like game apps to be active while in the background.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
This is normal behavior for Android. It will keep apps in memory to a point, but will automatically close apps as needed to free up memory. Your tablet should already be rooted, so you can try using this: Autokiller . It may help, but it may not. If it doesn't help, then I don't think there is anything that will help.

ryan018

Jun 23, 2013
This is normal behavior for Android. It will keep apps in memory to a point, but will automatically close apps as needed to free up memory. Your tablet should already be rooted, so you can try using this: Autokiller . It may help, but it may not. If it doesn't help, then I don't think there is anything that will help.
that autokiller only temporarially lowers an oom (out of memory) level of an app. it still is stopped within a short time.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I wouldn't know as I don't use the app. It appears however that this is something you're going to have to live with.