how do I uninstall the pre-installed apps?

bratcat

Mar 31, 2011
I have a superpad2, flytouch3 (running OS 2.2-20110316). My tablet is rooted with z4root. I also have launcher pro and titanium backup installed.

My problem is that I want to delete the pre-installed weather app that it came with but can't figure out how to remove it. I want a weather app that provides weather for towns in Canada ( Northern Ontario).

Also, I can't figure out the calendar app....specifically how to add events to my agenda so unless someone can enlighten me on that I'd like to delete that app as well and then load one that I can work with.

Thanks.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
First you need Root access
Then, you need either a terminal emulator, or an app like 'root explorer'
browse to /system/app
This is where they live.
Rename the .apk you want gone to .old (This way you can restore it if you want)
Reboot your device
done.
Cheers

masaonsw

Apr 19, 2011
]I have a superpad2, flytouch3 (running OS 2.2-20110316). My tablet is rooted with z4root. I also have launcher pro and titanium backup installed.

My problem is that I want to delete the pre-installed weather app that it came with but can't figure out how to remove it. I want a weather app that provides weather for towns in Canada ( Northern Ontario).

Also, I can't figure out the calendar app....specifically how to add events to my agenda so unless someone can enlighten me on that I'd like to delete that app as well and then load one that I can work with.

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Dood , I agve the answer on how to delete weather app in my last post. I did it myself, it is easy. As for the calendar, I also tried removing this, but am not sure I had such success, I had market crashes after deleting a few of these google apps so re-enabled it. Its not a big deal if you dont like it, there are plenty of alternatives on the market. It doesnt matter if u have two loaded. calendar does not appear to run in memory as i recall.