How do you boot into recovery?

chepo84126

Feb 11, 2011
I have tried countless ways of rebooting into recovery mode and does not work. I have a Haipad M701 4g. This is what i have tried:
1. The Adb command : adb reboot recovery
this only reboots the table and starts up normal.
2. Hold the Back button (labeled as menu), switch the on/off switch to on, then press the round button next to the screen then press the back button again and hold the round button.
this starts the boot process but stays there and does not change. The only way to get it out of this screen is to hit the on/off switch.

I ran the Clockworks recovery .bat and i think is there. how can i be sure that it really installed?

chepo84126

Feb 11, 2011
I have 2.1-update1 #186 and i got the one labeled for the m701 (from 12/12/2010) from the clockworkmod listing from the telechip side.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
TeleChips has a clockworkmod download?
Where?

You do realize that there is a diference between the 'old' 2GB model (Samsung NAND) and the 'new' 4GB modell (Hynix memory)
and they need different recovery images?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
follow the link in my first reply.
'team telechips' is not afiliated with the company telechips.
They just decided to port android 2.2 as best as possible to Telechips devices.
The team is assembled from the slatedroid forum members Asure, VeNoMouS and fun_.
The site you are linking belongs to naobsd (on slatedroid and here known as fun_)

chepo84126

Feb 11, 2011
follow the link in my first reply.
'team telechips' is not afiliated with the company telechips.
They just decided to port android 2.2 as best as possible to Telechips devices.
The team is assembled from the slatedroid forum members Asure, VeNoMouS and fun_.
The site you are linking belongs to naobsd (on slatedroid and here known as fun_)

Ok so i flashed the correct recovery image and it now works.

This worked http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...recovery-test-image-haipad-m701-4gb-hy-2.html

Last edited:

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
Do you know which recovery image works for Styleflying T72/Cube U6/GPAD G10 ?

thanks

James

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
how do you flash the recovery image on a p7(and which one of the four do I use on a standard p7)????? have ask numerous times in every thread mentioning recovery and even started my own...PLEASE PLEASE someone help.....

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
Look in the dev section

Thanks, got it working.

adb push recovery.img /nand/recovery.img
adb shell sync
adb shell flash_image recovery /nand/recovery.img
adb shell sync
adb shell reboot recovery

Nice, my ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.0 is now working perfectly, doing the backup of my custom ROM with Angry birds fix.

cheer

James

Last edited:

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
adb push recovery.m701.img /nand/recovery.m701.img
adb shell sync
adb shell flash_image recovery /nand/recovery.m701.img
adb shell sync
adb shell reboot recovery

you can manually run it with terminal install with APAD.