how is this possible

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
my mate has wowpad and is running puppy linux he said his brother set it up for him so he has no idea how he did it

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Now that is impressive. If he ever figures out the how please share.

Sent from my Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
Now that is impressive. If he ever figures out the how please share.

yes it would be good it boots into android then boots it off the memory card takes about 2mins to boot runs fine but he has to use usb keyboard and mouse as there is no touchscreen drivers

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Oh, I see how he is doing it. He just created a boot disk, that is how I decided on Ubuntu. Someone gave me cd that had the OS on it so I could test it out before I actually installed. I didn't think one of these tablets would support a full Linux OS though.

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
Oh, I see how he is doing it. He just created a boot disk, that is how I decided on Ubuntu. Someone gave me cd that had the OS on it so I could test it out before I actually installed. I didn't think one of these tablets would support a full Linux OS though.

I think so too !

ben2go

Mar 24, 2011
Wait.I know guys on other forums that are running Linux on AIO pc with touch screen monitors.Would the same drivers work for a tablet?I think it would require drivers for the specific screen manufacture,so it may not work as I think.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
That would be interesting to play with. I am going to have to find my thumb drive and play with it to see if I can find driers that might work.

ben2go

Mar 24, 2011
I use a 4gb flash drive to run Linux Mint 10 Julia with persistence on my Vista PC.I boot directly to the flash drive on start up.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
So, I can't find my 4GB thumb drive :(, and I all have are my two 4GB microSD cards and I already use both of those on my tablet. One for everyday things, backing up the apps and system, the other is strictly for updates and such. I may have to spring the money and get another thumb drive. I am really sad I lost that thumb drive, it has survived two deployments to Iraq, five kids, and a wife that has limited (very limited) computer skills.