How much does going from 800Mhz processor to 1Ghz make?

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
I bought a Coby Kyros 7" MID7012. I'm happy with it. I came here for some help, got it, and learned a bit about Android in the process. I got this as a gift, and still need something for myself.

How much difference will getting a unit with 1Ghz processor make?

The MID7012 has an Arm 11 800Mhz processor, the MID7022/24 has a Cortex A8 1Ghz.

I run Fruit Ninja on the MID7012, but it's a little laggy with multiple fruit on screen.

The problem is the MID7012 will not work with my Wireless N Netgear router, so I'd probably have to try another brand or try a B/G only router. :(

I'd consider waiting for the new Coby's that come out with Android 4.0, but who knows if that'll work with my router and who knows if I'll be able to get Android Marketplace up and running quickly. At least with the older models I'm good to go.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A 1Ghz should be about 25% faster than the 800Mhz.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It's enough to notice but not enough to miss. So it is a little faster but it won't ruin/make your experience if you can only have 800MHz.

yuppicide

Dec 6, 2011
Wish there was a place to see what games run decent on what processor speed.. so far all I find is trial and error.. marketplace says it'll run on X.X.X version of Android, but not which processor is good for it.

akm3726

Dec 15, 2011
I bought a Coby Kyros 7" MID7012. I'm happy with it. I came here for some help, got it, and learned a bit about Android in the process. I got this as a gift, and still need something for myself.

How much difference will getting a unit with 1Ghz processor make?

The MID7012 has an Arm 11 800Mhz processor, the MID7022/24 has a Cortex A8 1Ghz.

I run Fruit Ninja on the MID7012, but it's a little laggy with multiple fruit on screen.

The problem is the MID7012 will not work with my Wireless N Netgear router, so I'd probably have to try another brand or try a B/G only router. :(

I'd consider waiting for the new Coby's that come out with Android 4.0, but who knows if that'll work with my router and who knows if I'll be able to get Android Marketplace up and running quickly. At least with the older models I'm good to go.

Note that the A8 has improved hardware graphics capability as well.

cereal_killer

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 5, 2011
It's enough to notice but not enough to miss. So it is a little faster but it won't ruin/make your experience if you can only have 800MHz.
Agree, differences in specs of this nature rarely yield vast performance increases and at the end of the day it's easy to miss.